About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
The M&E Officer reports directly to MEAL manager. His role has the responsibility to collect, clean, analyze, store and share the data with the project staff and project management team respecting the information-sharing protocols. The Officer for M&E will develop the multiple M&E tools including questionnaires and share the link with Community Mobilizers and finally generate the need assessment report and share the report with project and organization senior staff. The incumbent is also responsible to develop the project management information system and the project activity tracker and orienting the team on how to use the M&E tools and keep updating the project databases practically and effectively. He/ She will conduct the M&E visits using the standard checklist and quality benchmarks and tools, share the reports and findings with the project officer to bring timely corrections and bring back the project on the right track
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all activities are implemented according to the activity plan and in line with the project objectives.
- Facilitate workshops, meetings and any other programs according to the need of project.
- participate and support the development of the M&E tools for project on different levels.
- Undertake regular monitoring of project activities to ensure that the quality and quantity of the program activities being carried according to Project.
- Prepare and implement monthly monitoring and evaluation plans for the program.
- Advise, and if necessary, train, the field staff on the monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Complete and submit regular reports on the monitoring and evaluation findings in the field to Project Manager, which includes reporting of field visits.
- provide technical assistance to field teams during implementation of activities.
- Monitor field teams related to training activities and assess and report on progress to supervisor.
- Ensure that the Monitoring tools are based on the project indicators and measuring the project objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project activities and ensure monitoring and evaluation systems and quality controls are in place. (Provide proper feedback to the team based on the finding).
- Communicate closely with the field staff of the project for better reporting of the project.
- Ensure timely and appropriate reporting on project activities to Project Officer.
- Prepare the M&E Framework and Tools and Track down the project activities.
- Conduct any other activity assigned by the Project officer.
- Keep records of any visits, phone calls or emails received from other project staff and community workers requesting support.
- Attend at all meetings arranged by the Project officer.
- Any other relevant tasks given by line manager.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Education, Project management, Business or Public Administration (Master Degree will be preferred)
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience with a bachelor degree, 7 years of professional experience with a Master degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, and project management and relevant is required.
- Good Coordination and Communication Skills
- Excellent English Language and report writing skills
- Team player
- Excellent understanding of M&E, financial rules and laws of NGOs, UN system and government
- Excellent time and resources management skills
- Commitment to MAPWO rule and procedure
- Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Great Knowledge of Literacy/ Education Programs
- Able to handle pressure and workload
- Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
- LANGUAGES: Fluency in spoken and written English is required, Dari and Pashto languages are also a must.
- GEOGRAPHY Based in Kabul with regular travels to Wardak and Paktika provinces.
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number: 0059/MAPWO/YALBE-M&E-Officer to:
Well qualified female candidates will be given preference.
Monitoring and Evaluation