- Salary Offer As per NAC salary scale
- Address Kabul + Travel to Provinces
- Years of Experience 3 years of relevant work experience in the humanitarian and development contexts
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Short term (One year with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 012023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines
- close Date January 28, 2023
About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee:
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security, Job Creation, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting the M&E National Coordinator and Knowledge Management with monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of projects/programs throughout the country program.
- Support the M&E department in designing questionnaires and tools for project beneficiary selection (Beneficiary Profile Survey) and Post Distribution Monitoring and conducting project baseline and endline assessments.
- Support the M&E department in developing questionnaires in Kobo Toolbox, maintaining a proper data collection mechanism using ODK Collect in the field, retrieving the collected data, and conducting consistency checks to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Keeping records of the project data
- Maintaining access to the Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism (BFM) in the project area, retrieving the collected feedbacks, and circulating to responsible staff to ensure timely response to the feedbacks and complaints.
- Closely work with National M&E coordinator and program staff to make sure the lessons learnt, good practices, case studies, and success stories are documented.
- Assist the National M&E coordinator and regional officers with regular updating of the project MIS.
- Work closely with regional M&E officers on maintaining a proper data collection system and setting up a harmonized hard filing system.
- Responsible to write assessment reports in cooperation with the M&E coordinator and Knowledge Management.
- Attend in M&E trainings/workshops to remain current on best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by supervisor.
- S/he is expected to play a good and effective team player role in the office and field.
- S/he is expected to play a great integrator role among all components.
- S/he is responsible to contribute to reduce poverty in rural communities of Afghanistan by undertaking and fulfilling her/his above-mentioned specific task.
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for the data management in overall AHF projects; maintaining a harmonized data collection system using Kobo Toolbox, Data cleaning and consistency check, and writing Beneficiary Profile Survey Reports.
- Proficiency in English, Dari, and Pashtu languages
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in the humanitarian and development contexts.
- Advanced skills in Kobo toolbox and ODK Collect (Designing questionnaire, data collection, Data retrieving, consistency check, and verification) is required.
- Advanced data management and analysis through MS Excel is required.
- Advanced report writing skills is required. Familiarity with the humanitarian concepts is an asset.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project management cycle, particularly project monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The subject must be included of position title and vacancy# (Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-012023) please note that application without the position title and vacancy# will not be considered and will automatically rejected.
Please make sure that your application/resume should be by your full name otherwise it will be rejected.
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: