- Salary Offer As per the NCA salary scale
- Years of Experience •A minimum of three (3) years of work experience working as a monitoring and evaluation officer with an international NGO. •Experience working through partners (CSOs) is highly preferred
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference #046
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Sociology, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science. Having a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
- close Date May 21, 2022
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We have 21 country offices in
Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, including four joint country offices and other partner organisations. Our mandate is to save lives and seek justice. We do this by working with long-term development programmes, humanitarian interventions and advocacy towards decision-makers to address the root causes of injustice, poverty and power imbalance. Most of our work is undertaken in close cooperation with local civil society partners and a wide range of other NGOs. NCA Afghanistan is working in the thematic area of Climate Resilient WASH, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, Humanitarian Response, Learning and Social Development and Civil Society capacity building.
NCA is seeking a competent and highly motivated Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to join our
Integrated Community Resilience Action (ICRA) project team. This post will work under the
leadership of the Regional Coordinator.
The main expectations for this position over the next period in regard to strategic
targets and plans:
NCA is looking for an experienced, technically competent M&E person who is a team player and
has good leadership and communication skills. The post is based in Kandahar City, Kandahar
Province, and is responsible for monitoring and evaluating ICRA project activities in Kandahar.
When needed, will support monitoring activities in Helmand, Nimruz, Uruzgan and Zabul.
The winning candidate is expected to provide technical leadership in developing and implementing an effective results-based monitoring and evaluation system. Support the programme team and CSO partners in building their technical capacity for efficient data collection and management processes, survey design, MIS, and support with software applications.
Support the project team across a broad range of areas contributing to enhanced programme
quality and delivery.
A strong background in data management and information management systems will be required.
The main tasks and responsibilities for this position:
An experienced M&E Officer is responsible for:
- Design the monitoring and evaluation framework of the Integrated Community Resilience
Action (ICRA) project in close collaboration with the Regional Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Conduct routine monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure timely reporting on indicators.
- Assist in designing an appropriate Management Information System (MIS) to meet the
programme’s information needs.
- Provide technical support to partners in collecting data and ensuring they adhere to agreed methodologies.
- Assist the ICRA project teams in carrying out ad hoc research and studies.
- Liaise with partners staff to ensure timely baseline and endline study.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and spend at least 70 per cent of the time in the field validating project activity, collect qualitative evidence of intended and unintended programme impact, and observe the quality of project delivery.
- Provide feedback to the Regional Coordinator on findings and learnings to reflect field-level realities.
- Disseminate learning among project teams and partners.
- Engage with communities through accountability workshops and receive community feedback to improve programme quality and delivery.
- Provide technical guidance to partners and ensure they are regularly reporting on outcomes, and impact on beneficiaries through the agreed M&E processes.
- Supporting colleagues and partners, they adhere to Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM), Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) on quality and accountability, including the SPHERE standard.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications will only be accepted via the following link:
Refer to submission guideline