- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 7 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference COMAC-3425
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education Master's Degree
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GoIRA, especially Ministry for Martyrs and Disabled Affairs (MMD), as the main governmental entity for VA services. In addition, COMAC has to address the broader challenges of collecting and managing data in a still kinetic environment, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across projects, programs, and sectors. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, ensuring robust & sustainable knowledge transfer, coordinating with relevant VA service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Ministry for Martyrs and Disabled: Currently, MMD is the focal ministry within GoIRA that coordinates, manages and delivers VA services while serving as the lead policy making and regulatory authority for issues related to martyrs and disabled in Afghanistan. MMD is responsible for managing disbursement of financial and other benefits to eligible heirs of martyrs (HoMs) and people with disability (PwD) including registration of new MD cases, recertification of current cases, assignment of benefits, coordination with other line ministries; collecting aggregated reports from the 33 Departments of Marty’s and Disabled Affairs (DMD)  in addition to the Kabul province which is managed by the central MMD offices; improving employability through vocational and technical training; facilitating eligible HoMs and PwDs beneficiary access scholarships for higher education; advocating and facilitating VA recipients’ employment in the public sector; facilitating and coordinating with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) to provide access to health services for VA beneficiaries; advocating for and coordinating national and international assistance to the targeted VA recipients including certifying international and national NGOs to provide assistance to the targeted beneficiaries through MoUs; facilitating and assisting in the processing of Hajj pilgrims opportunities for eligible beneficiaries; facilitating other services such as land distribution, housing solutions, sports activities etc. In addition, MMD is required to collect and manage information for all its activities.
Blumont is seeking candidates for the position of M&E Consultant to develop a comprehensive centralized M&E system and mechanism and provide basic and advanced level M&E capacity building to MMD. Th Consultant will work full time with the MMD and in close and structured collaboration with the COMAC M&E Team. The Consultant will engage MMD’s M&E staff in delivery of tasks outlined below. A tripartite MoU between MMD, COMAC and the Consultant will be developed to include roles and responsibilities of MMD and COMAC vis-a-vis the Consultancy.
Duration/Location: The Consultancy will last up to 6 months (subject to extension). The Consultant will be embedded with MMD’s primary office in Kabul.
Key tasks will include as follows:
- Conduct assessment of MMD’s existing M&E system; Identify system gaps and develop a brief report including recommendations for improvement of the system.
- Develop M&E tools and mechanism for, M&E planning, data tracking, data collection, data analysis, reporting and providing policy recommendations.
- Develop Results Framework (RF) of MMD aligned with their strategic plan and provide training on developed system, collect and analyze M&E data and provide reports.
- Develop a user manual for the M&E team to conduct M&E activities.
- Data collection
- Data Quality Assurance
- Data analysis
- Data Reporting and developing of field M&E reports
- Develop capacity building plan and training materials based on training needs and readiness of the M&E team at MDD head quarter.
- Provide training to relevant directorates at national level on topics that will allow them to meet the requirements of the M&E Directorate.
- Any other duties assigned by MMD in accordance with COMAC policy and this job assignment.
- Develop an assessment report of existing M&E system of MMD
- Develop M&E tools and mechanism and incorporate them into a user manual.
- M&E Capacity Building Plan for MMD
- M&E Training Curriculum and Session Plans for MMD Directorate staff and those from other relevant directorates
- Results Framework and M&E plan
- Other deliverables as needed and agreed upon between MMD, COMAC and the Consultant
- Weekly activity reports to COMAC and MMD
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in related field is required (Economics, Public Policy and Administration, Project Management, Development studies, Statistics or related field); post-graduate degree preferred in above mentioned or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation work for GoIRA, USAID, or other international or multinational organizations (at least four years in managerial and leading role)
- Substantive training experience and familiarity with pedagogical approaches for adult learners
- Good understanding of GoIRA ministries, their M&E structures, and operational strengths and weaknesses
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with using software for quantitative analysis (e.g., Stata, SAS, SPSS, etc.) and qualitative M&E methods, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills English, Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; fluent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, independence, and initiative
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines
This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel to provinces up to 20% of the time.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply