- Salary Offer Based on the NRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least 2-3 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31-Dec-2022 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0176
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension May
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Minimum of a university degree in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields
- close Date May 18, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
The purpose of the job is day-to-day implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation activities across the projects in Faryab province. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for monitoring all program activities at the provincial level. S/He will be responsible to share at least one monitoring report from each Core Competency once a month. S/He will be the focal point for giving information about the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) and distribution of the CFM cards as well as managing the help disk tasks at the distribution sites. As part of the CFM, he will be responsible for collecting the CFM related cases and do the data entry of the cases to an online tracking sheet. In addition, He will be providing support for drafting the data collection tools and digitalization of the data collection tools whenever required for the CCs.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Planning and Maintaining M&E Systems
- Support in planning and maintaining M&E Systems.
- Support M&E section in coordination process to establish program level M&E systems.
- Help the team in working on the M&E planning and providing support in planning the M&E annual work plan as needed.
- Coordinate with the M&E coordinator and program staff to document lessons learnt and findings
- Contribute to the project data collection, entry and management system through tablets and KoBo collect and documentation of the filing.
- Perform data collection methodology and apply M&E tools in actual data collection, as needed.
- Support the core competencies in baseline surveys and PDMs.
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between program and M&E staff, as needed.
- Regularly monitor all NRC program activity and report at least once a month for each Core Competency.
- Report monitoring data in a timely manner to the M&E officer.
- Support M&E with data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Support in M&E related tasks whenever required
- Come up with new initiatives, should these arise during the employment period.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E officer and M&E Department.
- Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor.
Generic professional competencies:
- 2-3 years’ experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of a university degree in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields. Prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required
- Post-graduate certificate in M&E related field such as surveys, sampling, data analysis
- Experience from working in IDP /refugee related programmes
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Fluency in Dari and Pashtu
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, CommCare, Ona)
- Knowledge of designing form on KoBo platform
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary Based on Afghanistan NRC Salary Scale
- NRC has Medical Coverage for staff plus 4 dependents
- Eid Bonus once per year
- Leave and holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law
- Top up Credit on monthly bases
How to Apply:
For applying and more information, please click on the below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.
Use Online Application Form