- Salary Offer Based on Organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 1-3 years experience in Mine Risk Education
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 8 month
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HI-2022-0048
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School diploma, University diploma preferable.
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Handicap International:
HI has been supporting the Afghan people since 1987, starting its operations in Pakistan. Since 1996, HI has been operating across Afghanistan in order to launch victim assistance interventions, working at different levels of the society and adopting a cross-sectoral approach. While present on the ground to directly support victims of the conflict through the provision of a range of services – from physical rehabilitation, to mine risk education and inclusive livelihoods – HI has been continuously advocating to increase the rights of victims and other people with disabilities in the country. In particular, and in line with its global strategy and priorities, HI has been advocating to reduce the use of landmines and conventional weapons. Acknowledging the need to respond to the urgent emergency crises combined with longer term, chronic gaps in the provision of services, HI has steadily expanded its range of activities and services in order to support the most vulnerable people, enhancing their resilience while strengthening participation and inclusion of all individuals.
The MRE is required to provide his/her line supervisor with regular reports and updates of any work has done. He/she ensures qualitative and quantitative implementation of MRE activities in his areas in coordination with the technical team .
The MRE will provide assistance to individuals, families and groups affected by the conflict upsurge in Kunduz and Kandahar ( Depending of the base) through mobile team intervention outside of the provincial capitals.
The MRE Worker will:
- Awareness Sessions and Coordination
– Keep close relationship with the communities in working areas to ensure that people are open for the project services.
– Implement and conduct Awareness sessions and training in Kunduz or Kandahar Province directly with mine awareness messages according to MRE with the support of the MRE TA
– Support the development and use of tools to conduct awareness session on MRE to IDP, returnees and host Communities with the MRE TA
-Coordinate the awareness session with the PSS workers and the technical team
– Coordinate the referral of people identified with specific needs – during awareness sessions, with the Social Worker and the support of the Project Manager
- Record, Report, develop the tools and planning
– Prepare monthly Work Plan with Project Manager and under the supervision of the Base Coordinator
– Collect Accidents and Victim Reports on a daily base;
– ln line with project manager, undertake assessment or any other arrangements for expansion of the project activities if required
– Report activities progress carried out in the area of work to the line manager.
— Prepare any other reports as required;
– Keep line manager informed of any problem, lesson learnt or development.
– Facilitate any internal and external monitoring and evaluation missions, when required.
– Participate in meetings/workshops if planned by the line manager.
– Write case studies on beneficiaries and activities of the project if and when requested
– Document any protection concerns and report them to your line manager
– Ensure a daily quantitative and qualitative reporting through the tools and system in place in link with the DataBase Officer and the Project Manager
– Participate to the improvement of the activities protocol, tools and guidelines to ensure a comprehensive intervention of quality
– Actively participate to all the project meeting, technical follow-up, internal and external trainings related to your position according to your line manager instructions
- KAP Survey
– Conduct a Kap survey on Mine Risk Education amoung the communities ( IDP, Returnees, Host communities) at the beginning and the end of the project with the support of the Project Manager and the MRE TA.
– Ensure a proper collection of datas and a proper analysis for the KAP Survey
– Provide inputs and feedbacks to implement the MRE activities accordingly to the needs
- Demonstrate willingness to improve professional competences and abilities to increase care quality:
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve his/her own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions, capacity building activities…
- Participate in the different activities that are common to all team members (identification of needs of beneficiaries, internal and/or external referrals)
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specificity
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor (reporting, etc.)
- Respect hygiene and security rules
- The MRE Worker respects and applies basic hygiene rules;
- He/she maintains equipment clean and secured.
- He/she observes at all times strict commitment to Handicap International Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level
- He/she supports information internal dissemination to relevant focal persons at mission level aiming at reinforcing security and safety of Handicap International staff and assets
- Demonstrate an ethics and professional practice:
- Show professional ethics, respect and promote Handicap International mandate
- Among others, he/she respects beneficiary’s privacy and confidentiality (he/she only share medical information with medical staff/persons directly involved in beneficiary’s care)
- Respect the Handicap International protection of children policy and protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policyand report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of service.
- Work with the best of knowledge and abilities to offer a good quality psychosocial support
- Show abilities and competences to execute an efficient rehabilitation intervention.
- . Education requirements (High School diploma, Bachelor preferable).
- Experience requirements (Understanding of Mine Risk issues and persons with injuries and disabilities as well as a minimum of 1-3 years experience in Mine Risk Education).Experience in community mobilization
- Background in TOT training
- Strong skills in community mobilization
- Strong understanding of Mine Risk issues and persons with injuries and disabilities
- Have ability to travel into the villages in working district.
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari
- Excellent written & spoken in Dari and Pashto
- Flexibility for work in rural areas
- Abilities to work within a team and collaborate
- Ability to work with diverse beneficiaries
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and active listening skills
- Able to work under pressure and in unstable environment
- Willing to learn and develop professionally
- Open and interested in disability issues
Capable of goodwill and humanity behaviors
Note : Applications without mentioning the Position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will NOT be considered.
Disabled & Females are particularly encouraged to apply
– HI has got strong stand on protection of beneficiaries.
“The MRE Worker will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct”