- Salary Offer Salary ranges from 250 USD to 450 USD depending on the district remoteness and access issues
- Years of Experience At least 2-years’ proven experience working as a midwife, preferably in a hospital setting;
- Number of Vacancies: 17
- Contract Duration Nine Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HADAAF-23-059
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from midwifery school or other valid midwifery education institute certified by MoPH & MoHE
- close Date September 30, 2023
HADAAF is a National NGO, established in April 2006, registered with MoE under registration No. 514. HADAAF is working with Health, WASH, Nutrition, livelihood and Child protection but mainly involved, working in health/nutrition sector since 2007. HADAAF have experience in implementation of BPHS and other vertical health support projects of long and short duration. HADAAF implemented BPHS in Nuristan and Zabul provinces in partnership with IMC (2007-2011) and Cordaid (2013-2019) respectively. HADAAF also implemented long term health support projects (Support to CBHC, PPP, Nutrition, integrated WASH and Nutrition, malaria/TB control and capacity buildings of health staff) in Urozgan, Nuristan, and Kunar provinces. Currently HADAAF is implementing health projects (Mobile Health Teams, Mobile Health and Nutrition teams, Fixed PHC, CBNP, C-WIFS & MNP and Covid-19 response support) projects in Nangarhar, Balkh, Khost, Paktia, Ghazni and Helmand provinces.
HADAAF has adapted a strategic approach of partnership and collaboration throughout its program implementation. Thus far, HADAAF has implementing projects/programs in partnership with MoPH, IMC, UNICEF, WHO, FHI 360, Health Net TPO, UNDP, Save the Children International, Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, Johanniter International Assistance and Cordaid in Nuristan, Urozgan, Ghor, Farah, Kunar, Laghman Kabul and Khost provinces. This collaborative approach has enabled HADAAF to get access to hard-to-reach areas and implement quality service delivery.
- Monitoring the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies;
- Educating patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care;
- Teaching patients with pain management techniques to prepare them for labor;
- Delivering patients’ babies as well as provides emotional support and encouragement during labor;
- Taking and recording patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse as well as ordering diagnostic tests as needed;
- Helping patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths and terminations;
- Teaching new mothers how to feed their newborns;
- Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans, and
- Any other related tasks required by supervisor/line manager.
- Graduated from midwifery school or other valid midwifery education institute certified by MoPH & MoHE;
- At least 2-years’ proven experience working as a midwife, preferably in a hospital setting;
- Having required midwifery competencies of MoPH;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Effective communication skills, and
- Patient and compassionate.
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 30 September 2023.
Contact Numbers: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.
Note: Applicant Must mention the Vacancy Number and Province in the Subject line of the E-mail