- Salary Offer According to NGO Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 2-3 Years Experience in related field
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 3 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-73-2023
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University or Intermediate Institute Degree in Mid-Wifery
- close Date September 27, 2023
About HEWAD, Reconstruction, Health & Humanitarian Assistance Committee:
HEWAD is a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profitable charity organization established in 1994 to provide Medical, Educational, Social, and Humanitarian Assistance to the needy people of Afghanistan. HEWAD implements primary health care to needy people of Afghanistan, and within those focuses on the provision of health care to the most vulnerable group, children, and women. HEWAD provides perfect health education, information, and service to Afghans in order to improve their living conditions
The responsibilities of the midwife are to:
- Give the necessary supervision, care, and advice to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postpartum period
- Conduct deliveries on her own and care for the newborn infant
- Manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth, in accordance with the principles of basic emergency obstetric care
- Provide primary care to women of reproductive age, in accordance with the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS)
- Supervise the provision of primary health care within the community by female community health workers
- Counsel and educate women, the family, and the community, in relevant areas of health including preparation for parenthood and childbirth
- Provide all nonsurgical methods of family planning, and counseling for surgical methods
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary ( consultation or referral)
- Share knowledge, skill, and expertise with midwifery, medical and nursing students, and nursing and resident staff, in the management of pregnancy and childbirth, acting as a clinical preceptor
- Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording, and reporting of data; clinic and/or facility management (as required); or coordination of specific educational or outreach programs
- Participate in research, professional organizations, and related committees; and in continuing education opportunities
- Follow established health center policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiatives; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards
- Participate in the provision of 24-hour, day maternity service, which may require evening, night, or on-call duty
Required knowledge and competencies:
- Informed about basic health care and safe motherhood program goals and emergency obstetric cases.
- Knowledge and skills regarding registration and reporting systems
- Knowledge and skills in examination and guidance of pregnant women.
- Knowledge and skills for helping obstetric cases and newborn care.
- Knowledge and skills in examination and guidance of women after delivery.
- Knowledge and skills in observation of danger signs in pregnancy, delivery, and after delivery and management of them.
- Knowledge and skills in family planning and guidance of mothers.
- Knowledge and skills needed for asepsis and antiseptic techniques and application of them.
- Informed about sterilization and skills to use it.
- Knowledge and skills in emergency obstetric and abortion management
- Knowledge and skills in health education for mothers
The successful applicant will need to address the following criteria
- Midwife graduated from an intermediate medical institute or equivalent to it (three years of medical training)
- Minimum one-year work experience at a similar position.
- Work experience with other health organizations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in a multicultural environment
- Problem solving skills.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27 September, 2023
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when sending your application.
- Supporting documents, e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s), etc., are not required at this stage, therefore not to be sent along with the application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment
- .Note: Without the Position Title and Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email, your CV will not be considered for further process. Also please specified the province.
- Please remember that we will not consider the CVs for the positions after the closing date