- Salary Offer As per organizational Scale
- Years of Experience • Minimum of 1 year of experience in an MHPSS related role • Desirable: + 1 year of experience working with/ in Health facilities.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0217-28-2022-IMC-KBL
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Minimum bachelor’s degree required in a field related to the social sciences, psychology, social work, or counselling
- close Date August 8, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
international Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
This position is depends on grand approval by IMC Roster
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
- Provide Mental Health Case Management and psychosocial counselling to individuals, families and communities
- Provide outreach services/ psychoeducation sessions, and home visits, if required and feasible
- Identify, establish, and strengthen referral pathways for Mental Health clients to ensure they are linked to needed services
- Assist with the integration of MHPSS services into Primary Health Care
- Prepare, and deliver trainings for the purposes of capacity-building on psychosocial support, including PFA if needed.
- Adhere to all IMC protocols and procedures surrounding case documentation, confidentiality, and security
- Liaise with general practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists and other healthcare professionals to support clients in need of MHPSS through the referral, diagnosis and treatment process
- Participate in capacity building trainings
- Represent IMC at all key stakeholder meetings
- Conduct other MHPSS-related activities as requested
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required in a field related to the social sciences, psychology, social work, or counselling
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an MHPSS related role
- Desirable: + 1 year of experience working with/ in Health facilities.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.