- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 years experience in positions requiring packing and handling of fragile items.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year - Possibility of Extention
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0422-03
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School Diploma
- close Date May 21, 2022
About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is working on a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and Jewelry value chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of US$20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and Jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and Jewelry products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
· Responsible for packaging shipments
· Prepare pre-packaging materials for all orders and shipments.
· Purchasing all required packing materials form local market.
· Ensure that all materials are prepared in advance before starting the packaging, e.g. cutting foams, assembling the boxes, preparing Jewelry pouches and other packaging materials.
· Preparing labels and tags for each individual package.
· Keeping packaging materials well organized and maintain record .
· Loading/unloading the items, weighing, labelling, strapping the boxes appropriately.
· Support Business Development team in day to day general matters.
· Be able to make local delivery of the products to clients.
· Maintain a clean work area.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience in positions requiring packing and handling of fragile items.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
Skill and knowledge
- Self-motivated, being able to adapt, improvise and overcome
- Understanding of high quality or luxury products.
- Good communication and administrative skills.
- Common sense, a desire to learn.
- Attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover letters to: email@example.com by no later than May 21, 2022. In the subject line of the e-mail, only mention 0422-03.
Kindly combine your CV and Cover Letter as one PDF document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy-sized documents.