- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Experience Two years’ work experience in Medical Doctor for OST Activity field (HIV, Harm Reduction and Oral Substitution Therapy etc.)
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Dec 31, 2021 and extendable
- Contract Type Short-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference OST-HIV-Balkh
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date December 12, 2021
- Education MD (From recognized university)
The Medical Management and Research Courses For Afghanistan (MMRCA) is a national, non-for profit, non-political, humanitarian organization established in March 2008 by Afghan Health Professionals and is registered as an NGO with the ministry of economy (MoEC) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
MMRCA has been implementing the NFM HIV Project (Scaling up HIV interventions among Key Affected Populations in Afghanistan) in Balkh and Kundoz provinces. Therefore, MMRCA is looking to recruit a qualified Provincial coordinator in Balkh province to organize all the activities in Balkh province.
MMRCA invites and encourage eligible candidates to apply for the position of Medical Doctor for OST Activity in NFM HIV Project, located at Mazar e Sharif in Balkh Province.
- MD for OST Activity should follow the MMRCA policy, rules, and regulations.
- Medical Doctor is responsible, accountable, and reportable to the provincial Coordinator, M&E Officer and Project Manager
- Preparation weekly, monthly, and annual action plans for OST activities according to performance indicators
- Performing full time and night duty according to schedule (during the enrolling of clients for the induction period)
- Medical Doctor is responsible to conduct inside training on a weekly based and share the minutes with the Provincial Coordinator, M&E Officer, and Project Manager
- Medical Doctor will conduct monitoring visits regularly and provide the correct actions for findings and challenges, the monitoring report should share with the Provincial Coordinator
- Responsible for following all steps for the MMT program according to international guidelines, OST the protocol indicates five sequential steps: Screening and Selection of Patients, Motivation, Induction, Stabilization, and Maintenance
- Registration and recording (Case file) of targeted client for MMT
- Responsible for Methadone Stock management based on OST guideline
- Provision indicated OST services based on project contract and achieving the indicated target
- Provision of awareness and health education services for OST clients regarding harm reduction and HIV prevention
- Provision of referral services for ART center and TB department for TB case detection and treatment etc
- Follow infection and prevention procedure and waste management
- Participation in all related training and transferring to other staff
- Recording and controlling all In/Out material through stock cards such as Methadone, Medicines, Lab region, Equipment, etc.
- Preparation Inventory list and controlling the usage of OST material in a proper manner
- Preparation Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual progress reports of the OST program
- Participation in all official meetings, workshops, and events of harm reduction
- Arrangement of weekly and monthly meetings to identify shortfalls and to evolve corrective measures/plan of action
- Identifying risk and problem against the program, making the decision to solve it immediately and sharing with PPMU, which is interfering with the delivery of services and achieving program objective
- Follow MoPH Policies and Procedures for OST program
- Perform any other related duty assigned by the line manager, Project Manager, and MMRCA main office.
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem –solving skills.
- University degree in health (Medical Doctor)
- Two years’ work experience in health management field (HIV, Harm Reduction and Oral Substitution Therapy etc.)
- Experience of working in managing health projects
- Knowledge on use of computer office program
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Pashto, Dari and English language
1. Bachelor (Medical Doctor).
2. Fluent in Dari and Pashtu and working Knowledge of English.
3. Two years’ work experience in Medical Doctor for OST Activity field (HIV, Harm Reduction and Oral Substitution Therapy etc.).
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, you need to apply by submitting your CV (maximum three pages) electronically to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with above documents submitted in electronic copy will be considered. Please mention the job title/vacancy number in your subject e-mail when applying for this position. The closing date for receipt of applications is 04:00 PM Kabul time 13 – Aug -2021. Interviews and written tests will take place in MMRCA main office at Shahr-e-Nauw Kabul. Contact number +93786677646 Abdul Malik Rasooli head of administration department.