- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Sangin Marja, Grishk
- Years of Experience 2 Years relevant
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Contract Duration 3 Months ( Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 39681
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Qualified Medical Doctor, from a recognized Medical University and licensed to practice in Afghanistan by the Ministry of Health
- close Date March 24, 2023
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- She/he will be responsible for the management of the IRC’s Basic Health Center and the provision of health care services. The medical doctor will implement and take charge of the daily clinical care activities. They will also ensure the delivery of high-quality services to the clients and catchment population.
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the other clinical staff to ensure the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary healthcare services.
- Manage medical, pediatric, and obstetric emergencies presenting to the facility, ensuring appropriate handover and referral as needed
- Ensure all patient consultations and treatments are appropriately recorded.
- Oversee the provision of quality care within the health clinic, ensuring consultations and treatments are in line with clinical protocols, guidelines, and best practices
- Provide health and hygiene promotion to patients and caregivers
- Ensure appropriate infection prevention and control measures are in place at the facility and monitor staff adherence.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected, and that all consultations are conducted in a dignified and respectful manner
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide medical support and mentorship to other health facilitystaff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
- Support the Health Manager to organize regular meetings with local committees and strengthening the community relationship.
- Responsible for the overall technical and administrative oversight of Health clinic services
- Oversee the training of community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, local government agencies.
- Hold meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure all patient consultations are documented and patient records completed.
- Assist and supervise medical staff in maintaining facility registers and other data collection tools, ensuring accurate and timely recording of information.
- Assist and supervise medical staff in weekly/ monthly/ quarterly collection, compilation and reporting of data.
- Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure non-disclosure of any information whatsoever about practices and IRC activities to any other person or organization without permission, except in the normal performance of the service.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Education: Qualified Medical Doctor, from a recognized Medical University and licensed to practice in Afghanistan by the Ministry of Health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good spoken and written English for concise reporting.
- Able to provide positive and constructive feedback in a sensitive manner
- Ability to coordinate activities with other teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Year of Experience At least 2 years clinical experience in primary health care with experience working with integrated management of childhood illness, clinical management of sexual assault survivors, STIs, and infection diseases will be an advantage
- Skills: Professional skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical care
- Excellent communication skills and appropriate medical counseling
- Must be a team player and be able to work under pressure in stressful environments
- Familiarity with the local context: language, culture, etc.
- Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential.
- Sensitivity and diplomacy to provide Primary health and reproductive health care
- Able to work with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively in local languages both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak and write English language is an asset.
- Self-motivated, possessing persuasion skills, ability to maintain relationship and able to work on own initiative.
- Technical Competency:
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline