- Salary Offer As per the salary scale
- Experience Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as Medical referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 5 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 412 - 2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date September 29, 2021
- Education Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable degree in Public Health.
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 , its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure.
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities according to INTERSOS protocols, standards and procedures.
- Coordinate with the HMIS and Health Facility staffs to ensure accurate collection of health data at the health facilities using appropriate / approved tools, data collation, correct compilation and analysis and flagging up discrepancies and issues requring urgent attention / action..
- Participating in the initial process of project definition / development, planning and budgetting; project opening and review meetings.
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities are/have been properly carried out, objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, and reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Carry out direct supervision of activities in the field on ad hoc basis, plan for and carry out routinely support and supervisory visits, and also take part in quarterly monitoring/supervisory visits with partners / local health authorities i.e. District health Officer and the DOPH.
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers etc.) are carried out correctly and according to INTERSOS and Donor procedures
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of drugs, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs.
- Preparing or reviewing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …). Participating in shifts and replaces a staff if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staffs under his/her responsibility in order to improve staffs capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Take part in staff capacity building through on-the job training/coaching during field visits, identifying health and nutrition training needs, design and deliver the training package and /or coordinating with the relevant departments at the DOPH to organise and carry out the trainings, and finally carry out post-training monitoring / evaluation.
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly project reports according to INTERSOS or donor regulations.
- Take part in or carry out routine project monitoring activities documenting good what works well, successes and failures and keeping photographic records (where necessary) to inform improvements in future programming.
- Participate in internal and external health and nutrition coordination meetings at Kandahar level and maintain a cordial working relation with the District Health officer and the DoPH.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as Medical referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience with monitoring tools and systems in the health and nutrition sectors.
- Proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is highly essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Commitment to INTERSOS values and principles.
- Comply with all relevant INTERSOS policies and procedures.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
- Prior experience in Southern Afghanistan (Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul, Uruzgan).
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills are desirable.
- Experience in trainings and capacity building / development of staff is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay overnight at service delivery point.
Please submit your updated profile and cover letter to email@example.com and clearly write the job title Location and vacancy number in the subject line of your application. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Applications without subject line will not be entertained.