- Salary Offer As per the Organization salary scale
- Experience At least 2 years of experience in MEAL Management position
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 6 months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference PU-AMI/HR/KBL/001408
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date August 4, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences
About Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and particular assignmentsمسؤلیت ها و وظایف مشخص
General responsibilitiesمسؤلیت های عمومی :
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of all MEAL activities – data collection, data analysis, accountability and learning – for all program implemented by PUI in the eastern region in health, nutrition, WaSH and MHPSS sectors.
- S/he will be responsible for designing MEAL plans for each of the projects, supporting Project Managers in monitoring implemented activities, preparing MEAL methodologies, tools and reports.
- S/he will be also responsible for direct management of MEAL team based in the eastern region.
- Strategy/Advocacy: S/he will support MEAL Coordinator in the design of MEAL strategy for the mission, development of strategic document for the department and capacity building of technical and program team on MEAL sector.
Objective 1هدف اول :
DESIGN, IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPERVISION OF MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING ACTIVITIES:
Monitoring and evaluation:
– Developing Monitoring and Evaluation plans for projects implemented in the eastern region (project M&E frameworks, baseline, midterm and end-line methodologies, and specific monitoring activities in the field)
– Implementing and ensuring high quality of monitoring and evaluation activities conducted in the east, its timeliness and as per PUI and donors standards
– Supporting Deputy Field Coordinator and Project Managers in preparation of project monitoring and evaluation tools and activities (e.g. PMT)
– Developing survey plans, survey methodologies and necessary tools, preparing survey reports with analysis of data and recommendation for project teams
– Developing monitoring plans, monitoring methodologies and necessary tools, preparing monitoring visits reports and recommendations for the project teams
– Planning and implementation of internal evaluation activities for implemented projects
- Supervises implementation of Complaint and Feedback Mechanism in the eastern region according to PUI CFM SOPs and prepares regular reports on beneficiaries complaints to project team and MEAL Coordinator
- Coordinates with program team and follow up on the received feedbacks and complaints
- Ensures proper visibility and awareness among targeted communities of PUI Feedback and Complaint Mechanism (promotion of the existing system, facilitation of meetings with communities on CFM etc)
- Follows proper mechanism for follow up of sensitive complaints according to PUI Complaint and Feedback Mechanism SOPs
- Supports the MEAL Coordinator in designing Learning SOPs for PUI mission, together with relevant tools and methodology
- Facilitates and supervises learning process across all departments in the eastern region – coordinates collection of lessons learnt, preparation of recommendations and following up on implementation
- Analyses data and prepares lessons learns reports
- Contributes to project review meetings, closure meetings, kick-off meetings and proposals preparations
Objective 2هدف دوم:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Direct management of MEAL Team in eastern region – M&E Unit, Data management Unit, Accountability Unit and Learning Unit.
- Provide support for MEAL Team in eastern region – data collection, data management, design and preparation of data collection tools, data analysis and report writing
- Supports the MEAL Coordinator in identification of capacity gaps among MEAL staff and capacity building activities (trainings, one-on-one support) in respective technical fields
- Responsible for recruitment and performance evaluation of MEAL staff in the east region
Objective 3هدف سوم :
- Ensures high quality of data collected during all MEAL activities – performs regular data quality check to ensure received data is reliable and accurate
- Supervises preparation of necessary databases, data collection tools and analysis, as per PUI sector requirements and guidelines, as well as national specific regulations (e.g. MoPH, clusters etc)
- Ensures PUI data protection protocol is in place for MEAL databases in the base
Objective 4هدف چهارم :
STRATEGY AND CAPITALIZATION:
- Supports MEAL Coordinator in preparation of the technical department strategy, especially for MEAL sector
- Supports the MEAL Coordinator for development or revision of strategic MEAL document and SOPs – Complaint and Feedback Mechanism SOPs, Learning Database SOPs, Data collection and Management SOPs
- Contributes in proposal writing process in the base, especially development of logical frameworks, MEAL plans, MEAL related budget
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences
- At least 2 years of experience in MEAL Management position
- Experience in Project Management positions
- Experience in MEAL systems development and set-up
- Working experience in East Afghanistan
- Experience in remote management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of donor MEAL requirements and expectations 4 Knowledge of accountability systems and associated changes 4 Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training
- Excellent command of oral and written English, Pashto and Dari
- Strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Project & database Management software
- Fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
- High stress tolerance
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
- Ability to respect security rules
- Moving forward in a changing environment
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.