- Salary Offer As per the Organization salary scale
- Address Kabul with 50% to 70% of travel to the field offices (Paktia & Ghazni)
- Years of Experience At least 5 years managing MEAL teams with NGO experience.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference PU-AMI/HR/KBL/001939
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
General responsibilitiesمسؤلیت های عمومی :
Under the supervision of the MEAL Co, and in cooperation with project managers and MEAL staff in the operational bases of its responsibility, the MEAL manager:
Strategy: S/he is responsible to develop and roll out the mission MEAL strategy at base level.
Training and technical support: S/he is responsible to provide training and technical support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues.
Monitoring and evaluation: S/he is responsible to support operational teams in monitoring and evaluation of PUI programs.
Accountability: S/he is responsible of the roll-out of accountability activities at base level.
Knowledge building: S/he is responsible to contribute to lessons learned and institutional knowledge building.
Human Resources Management: S/he is responsible to manage the MEAL team at base level and focus on capacity building of her/his team.
Representation and reporting: S/he is responsible to support the base in reporting, communication and representation in her/his field of expertise.
Note: The responsibility for some assessments, monitoring and evaluation of program activities will remain the primary responsibility of the program teams. MEAL Manager, in link with the MEAL Coordinator will however ensure the proper tools are developed and are made available to the field teams.
Specific objectives and linked activities
- DEVELOP AND ROLL OUT THE MISSION MEAL STRATEGYParticipate in developing a sector-based strategy (M&E, accountability, gender, do no harm) in accordance with PUI country strategy and in link with PUI’s MEAL framework.Participate in programming work at base level.
- TRAINING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORTDevelop program teams’ capacities in the department’s field of expertise: data collection and analysis (method, format, software etc.), measure of indicators, feedback and response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc. Deploy PUI’s MEAL Framework trainings and develop tailor training modules in link with the MEAL Coordinator. Provide program teams with a technical and methodological support for M&E activities, data management (questionnaire design, sampling, data entry, extraction of useful data and interpretation) and integration of cross-cutting issues. Support program teams in creating or adapting tools for: PMT, indicators monitoring, impact monitoring (MEAL plan and survey tools) or risk analysis.
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF PUI PROGRAMS Contribute to the elaboration, review and harmonization of M&E tools, data management, especially in the PMTs (indicators table) and the MEAL Plans. Create / revise the tools needed to implement program-based evaluation monitoring (database, survey form …) and ensure that the monitoring tools developed work and are correctly used by the teams; Define / improve / monitor and ensure the quality of information and data collected in the field and participate in data quality assessment; Design baseline and baseline studies to collect information on performance indicators and project results; Check relevance of reports, analysis, maps and recommendations produced. Propose adjustments, new activities to improve the quality of the operations or approaches, in consultation with PMs and program / technical coordinators. Upon ad hoc request from the program / technical coordinator, perform advanced analysis. Contribute to terms of references for external evaluations and studies. Accompany teams in drafting project proposals and reports for donors. Be proactive in identifying innovative indicators and collection methods.
Following guidelines from PUI’s Framework:
Support the design and roll out of complaint feedback and response mechanisms.
Check that the key principles of the feedback mechanism are respected.
Produce regular analysis of the complaints and feedbacks received.
In conjunction with the program teams, ensure that a participatory approach is initiated with local actors and partners in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects
Work in collaboration with the program teams on the design and improvement of accountability mechanisms.
LESSONS LEARNT AND INSTITUTIONAL KNOWLEDGE BUILDING (IKB)
Build on institutional knowledge on M&E activities and missions’ results (lessons learnt and recommendations) and make sure these are known by PMs and other team members.
Support recommendation tracking process and work on action plans.
Use PUI’s tools to document MEAL tools and methodologies/approaches.
Ensure that learning activities are included in the project activities
In link with PUI’s MEAL framework and tools ensure the implementation at base level of the recommendation tracking process (internal and external) and work together with PMs on action plans.
Contribute to the preparation of kick off and learning meetings per project and ensure capitalization of its content.
- HR MANAGEMENT/CAPACITY DEVELOPMENTMake sure that new staffs are briefed on MEAL’s roles and responsibilities. Participate in the evaluation and in assessment of the performance of collaborators under his/her supervision Identify training needs Supervise and support MEAL teams in implementing their action plan and achievement of their objectives
- REPORTING / COMMUNICATION / REPRESENTATION Participate in writing project proposals and reports’ paragraphs on crosscutting issues and MEAL. Make sure the right reporting formats are used and delays are respected. Represent PUI when asked and/or delegated to do so. In link with programs, develop articles, case studies and success stories.
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
Excellent capacities in excel MDC & related soft./language (ODK, Kobo,PowerBI;…), Pack Office.
At least 5 years managing MEAL teams with NGO experience.
Experience in health programs monitoring,
Experience in emergency response,
Experience in MEAL
Prior knowledge of the country/region, Experience in donor requirements and expectations, particularly ECHO, UE, UN, and BHA (USAID).
Capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data.
Excellent knowledge of Excel, data bases, kobo and other data software.
Good knowledge in statistic and sampling methods.
Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring
Good written communication skills
Knowledge of project management
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
You are allowed to apply only before closing date
Due to large number of applicants we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted.
Qualified Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
Academic certificates/diplomas. These will be requested if called for interview. Women application are strongly encouraged.