- Experience Having Relevant Experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 2100091K
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 18, 2022
- Education University degree or equivalent experience
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
This post will be a full-time position based in Faryab provincial office to support the EiE project monitoring and evaluation activities.
The post holder is responsible to ensure accountability and learning in line with Save the Children’s Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability Learning standards (MEAL) guidelines.
She/he is also responsible to ensure an effective coordination with projecl officer, Provincial Education Department -M&E staff, District Education Department M&E staff, and the MEAL department in saves the children Program Development
and Quality (PDQ) directorate.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The post holder will undertake regular field based monitoring for EiE interventions in close collaboration with M&E unit and will be responsible for regular reporting on project progress with quality assurance.
To roll out and manage MEAL standards as per SCI guidelines in EiE grant.
To establish, manage and strengthen accountability to beneficiaries, mechanisms.
To carry out regular field monitorinq of EiE interventions and produce monitoring reports on the given format,
conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan;
To carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in aclion plan, also maintain ,Monitoring-
Action Plan Tracker’at field level;
To provide feedback of community & support education facility staff in improving quality of services
Monitor and document the progress of programme activities against indicator.
collect accurate and timely data of programme activities and utilize project management cycle to reflect and analyse results and feedback, develop best practices, and implement lessons learned back into the project.
Prepare report as required on the program activaties for internal, donor and beneficiaries.
Lead the base and end line survey of EiE grant.
Ensure the EiE project LFA and indicators has been carried out and the objective and goals of the project is meet from MEAL point of view.
Ensure I/&E plan has been created and use in the field.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
University degree or equivalent experience.
At least 5 years work experience and knowledge of moniloring, evaluation and needs/impact assessment methods preferably with lNGOs.
‘ Ability to work under pressure and adjust to difficult living & working condition.
. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
Expertise in databases, MS Office and other analysis software.
‘ Excellent verbal and written skills in local (Pashto/Dari) languages and excellent written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Three years’ Experience in monitoring the EiE project interventions from major donors cHF/ UNocHA, UNCHR, UNICEF.
‘ Two years’ Experience in conducting assessment and surveys for instance baseljne and end line.
At least 5 years work experience and knowledge of moniloring, evaluation and needs/impact assessment methods preferably with lNc0s.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.