- Salary Offer NTA
- Experience Master degree with 3 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference ALASP/C-112
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date August 10, 2021
- Education Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, or any other relevant discipline
About Ministry of urban development and land:
Based on 107 decree dated 1397/9/10 of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afghanistan Land Authority was merged with Ministry of Urban Development and Housing under the name of “Ministry of Urban Development and Land” (MUDL), wherein deputy ministry of land was established under the ministry.
The Afghanistan Land Administration Project (ALASP) is designed within a programmatic framework, considering the land administration challenges faced by the country. These challenges create the need to build over time a clearer and comprehensive policy and legal enabling framework, institutional and technical capacity, professional knowledge and experience, technology and systems, as well as adequate Cadastre and property registry information. Drawing on the overall framework of the IDPL, the project will focus on critical building blocks required to develop a modern land administration system in the country while allowing MUDL and other relevant stakeholders, including municipalities and local communities, to gain experience in implementing land survey, registration and other land-market-related activities in two of the IDPL’s selected cities, namely Kabul and Herat. Moreover, building upon the work led by UN-Habitat, the project will support the issuance of land Occupancy Certificates (OCs) to informal urban population, ensuring a systematic approach to land tenure rights. Emphasizing modern technological approaches and global good practices suitable to the Afghan context, subsequent phases would help expand systematic land survey and registration to other urban and eventually rural areas, as MUDL capacity is strengthened at the provincial level and new land policies and laws are made operational. This would further help decentralize land administration services and build citizens’ trust at the local level. In addition, the transition from deed to title registration will continue as well as the development of national capacity for land survey and valuation. Subsequently, the Land Information System (LIS) would be made fully interoperable with other relevant information systems in the country, leading to the eventual establishment of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Senior OC Program Manager and ALASP Project Director and, in cooperation with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist , will be responsible for the following:
- Develop M&E approaches and strategies as required, in coordination with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist
- Prepare a plan in coordination with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist for the OC directorate to achieve the goals, objectives, and targets.
- Provide technical support to the staff in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Promote M&E standards, quality assurance/control, and capacity development of the team in coordination with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist
- Plan, design, and establish the OC system/database to collect information, internal management, and periodic reporting to the ALASP Project Director; including data collection tools and processes to track intermediate and PDO-level indicators set out in ALASP M&E Framework for the OC Program and process indicators established in the Annual Operations Plans (AOP).
- Systematize OC lessons learned, and recommendations to be integrated into broader ALASP knowledge management efforts, disseminated in learning events, and channeled into decision-making processes
- Responsible for the data collection, data entry, data compilation, and data analysis of the OC issuance process, performance, and achievements.
- Collect and review monthly reports from the provincial department of registration of urban informal settlement and submit the report to the OC directorate and ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist.
- Review and assess the reports prepared by OC staff regarding OC achievements.
- Monitor and control of the implementation of the Annual Operations Plan of the OC Program, and report the non-compliance of OC targets (if observed).
- Coordinate and oversee M&E training seminars, workshops or conferences.
- Schedule and perform regular and periodic field visits to all provinces covered by the OC program to assess the level of satisfaction of OC´s beneficiaries, and to measure the progress on the OC Program and validate reported data; in coordination with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist. .
- Review and follow up on the results and decisions made to achieve the program’s objectives and targets in coordination with ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist.
- Work closely with Civil Servant teams, to build their capacity in the M&E.
- Work closely with the ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist to monitor the OC Program implementation regularly to assess and identify challenges and bottlenecks, providing practical solutions and decision-making;
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of all activities on M&E in coordination with the ALASP Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist;
- Measure the progress of the OC Program by comparing planned activities (targets established in the Results Framework, PIP, and AOP) versus outputs and outcomes;
- Assist the project performance by the development of Quarterly, Semi-annual, and Annual OC Program reports;
- Support the ALASP M&E Unit in conducting/supervising OC surveys, evaluations, and assessments;
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of OC priorities, needs, and indicators; the design, set up, and use of M&E systems/databases to collect the necessary data/information;
- Provide support to the Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist to plan, design, and establish the project monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide support to the Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist in drafting Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual OC progress reports;
- Support the Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist developing the Project Annual Operations Plan;
- Perform other M&E tasks required by the Senior OC Program Manager or ALASP Project Director.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, or any other relevant discipline,
- Master degree with 3 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in an M&E position in Government/donor-funded projects.
- Understanding of Result based Monitoring and Evaluation system;
- Ability to design including data collection and reporting tools data, collection and analysis;
- Project Management Skills and Result-based Management concepts;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required;
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building;
- Excellent working knowledge of English , both verbal and written; Fluency both written and verbal in Dari/ Pashto;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate internet;
- Fluent oral and written skills in English;
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari
Qualified and interested Afghan nationals are requested to send their application, including a LETTER OF INTEREST plus PROFISSIONAL CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mention the POSITION AND VACANCY NUMBER in your email subject and in your cover letter, OTHERWISE the application will not be accepted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for the written test or interview.
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply.