- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 5 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/Governments.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OCCD/KBL/GZI/014
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- close Date November 28, 2022
Organization for Community Coordination and Development (OCCD) established and registered with Ministry of Economy in 2013, is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and independent organization. OCCD works in partnership with Government, development and implementing partners in Health, Education, Agriculture and Livestock, Research and Development
Under the overall guidance of the Program Director and direct supervision of the Project, the M&E Officer will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high-quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with the project team and CO program and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government, and civil society organizations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
A: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures
• Monitor all EIE project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output;
• Recommend further improvement of the logical framework.
• Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success.
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
• Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
• Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Manager
• Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
• Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports to Project Management Team and Unicef.
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
• Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
• Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
• Perform other duties as required;
B. Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
• Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
• Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for the project staff.
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
• Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities.
• Prepare and maintain data base
Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to OCCD in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the program are me.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/Governments.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- An understanding of formal and non-formal education
- Understanding of government institutions, particularly the public school and CBE Policy
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Understanding of child rights programming.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English, Pashto, and Dari
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and to plan strategically
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
Note:- There is a three months of probationary period for all staff, Incase the employee fails to fulfill the requirements or completion of given tasks during this period OCCD can end his/her contract immediately.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes along with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE THE VACANCY#, POSITION, AND PROVINCE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted