- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Experience Two years of relevant work experience in M&E tools and processes
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- Contract Type Short-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference WVA1170
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 19, 2021
- Education Bachelor in social sciences or relevant field required
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for implementation of the M&E plan activities for the projects within the World Vision Afghanistan Zonal office. She/he will be responsible to lead M&E activities such as baselines, assessments, Beneficiary Verifications, PDMs as well as qualitative data collection for the project/s.
The M&E officer will also fulfil other M&E related tasks upon his/her supervisor request.
Note: The MEAL department covers all MEAL related tasks for all the project that are implemented in the respective zonal office within WVA. Therefore M&E officer may have more than once project in his portfolio to conduct the M&E activities.
- Manage and conduct the Monitoring activities of the projects in accordance to the donor requirements as well as the WV Monitoring and Evaluation Guidelines
- Lead and coordinate implementation of assessments, verifications of beneficiaries through surveys
- Conduct onsite monitoring of project activities and processes where necessary
- Develop checklists and Monitoring tools for the project activities and output level monitoring
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring Surveys where required
- With Support from supervisor ensure project documents such as logical framework, Indicator Tracking Table, Monitoring Plan are established and up to date
- In coordination with the project managers ensure project ITT is updated, the data provided is verified and validated on as per the donor/WV agreed frequency
- Ensure Means of Verifications for project activities such as participant lists, MoUs, Beneficiary Lists are verified and validated for all the activities of the project
- Conduct Focus Groups Discussion With the project beneficiaries to acquire their feedback and reflect it to the project management for decision making and reformatory actions if necessary
- Ensure findings from Monitoring visits and activities, PDMs, Beneficiary Feedback are reflected and action points are followed up by the project management team.
- With Support from Supervisor and MEAL team/ sector leads, develop design documents for project baseline and evaluation based on the donor requirements and WVs Evaluation guidelines
- Lead the data collection of the baselines and evaluations in the field
- Ensure enumerators are trained and oriented on data collection methodology of evaluation, safeguarding policy and security protocols of WV
- Ensure accurate and reliable data is collected for baseline and evaluation of the project
- Ensure Evaluations/ Baseline are planned on timely basis and final products delivered on time
Reporting and Learning:
- With support from supervisor analyse the results of the assessments, beneficiary verification surveys, baseline and evaluations and draft initial reports of the findings
- Prepare monthly monitoring reports for the project and share with project manager, Zonal MEAL and Management teams
- Chair reflection meetings as appropriate to discuss critical findings from M&E activities with relevant WVA staff project staff in order to identify best practices and solutions to enable program management timely decision making about implementation.
Accountability, Administration and Coordination:
- Ensure compliance with Donor policies and procedures, as well as WV’s MEAL policy and procedures are taken into consideration for the project activities
- All necessary admin tasks including logistics, timesheets for enumerators/ data collectors are done
- Hire enumerators and data collectors as per WV policy and evaluate their performance to strengthen the pool of candidates
Together with the Accountability specialist/ MEAL manager and project manager ensure that the project has an established complaint response mechanism such as complaint box or any other hot line established by the project or World Vision.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (WASH, Health, Nutrition, CVP, Livelihoods) interventions.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- At least two years of relevant work experience in data collection and conducting assessment and use of M&E tools and processes
- Strong expertise in training and working with all type of beneficiaries including, children, women, elderly, People With Disabilities and other community members
- Experience in data collection, data processing or analysis, participatory assessments, training and facilitation and orientation of data collectors
- Experience in supervision of data collectors during surveys and assessment troubleshooting and providing guidance
- Experience in developing M&E tools such as checklists as well as the questionnaires, both qualitative and quantitative
- Good level of analysing and report writing and information dissemination skills
- Ability to coordinate a diverse group of individuals
- Good level of organizational and management skills
- Strong skills in facilitation of discussions and conducting interviews
Preferred work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position:
- Bachelor in social sciences or relevant field required
- Experience in kobo collect mobile data collection platform
- Experience with Analytical software such as SPSS, R, STATA and other relevant software
Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify):
The M&E officer should be willing to travel to the all WVA targeted area.
The application closing date is 19-Oct-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1168) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written tests and interviews.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1168) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شان را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید