- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience 5 years of experience
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration 6 months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference TLO-V2021-032
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Close Date June 17, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in education, relevant social sciences, business administration, or related field
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
Work under the direct supervision of Project Manager, Provincial Coordinator and M&E and Reporting Officer. He /she should develop training material to train CBE teachers, School Management Shura SMS members and Community members on Pedagogy, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Drugs harms and effects, Child Rights Convention, Physical and Humiliation Punishment PHP, SMS roles and responsibilities, CBE Policy. This position will be based in Herat with maximum travel to targeted districts and communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The master trainer would be responsible for coordination of all training activities at provincial level, planning, budgeting, quality control, data collection, conducting TOTs to project team.
- Developing of training curriculums for CBE teachers, SMS as well as preparation of training plan and follow up on regular basis;
- Conduct and deliver the training programs and ToTs at provincial and district level for education officers, community mobilizers and teachers.
- Experience with group process, facilitation and familiar with teaching and role play;
- Maintain fidelity to the program by presenting the curriculum according to the directions, training and materials provided
- Encourage to record “lessons learned” and identify opportunities for future improvements;
- Preparing on progress made and problem/challenges faced, key points/findings following each training session and submitted to ensure best practices are adopted for future training;
- Work closely with line supervisor on effective planning and implementation of the activities based on the approved work plan and assessment findings;
- Prepare training evaluation report and coordinate trainings with relevant line department of (PED and DED) and lead partner as needed;
- Check the quality of training materials (handouts, trainer guides, banner and posters), methodologies, agenda, time management and preparations for those trainings which are going to be conducted by project team;
- Any other task assigned by line supervisor;
- Bachelor degree in education, relevant social sciences, business administration, or other related field is required
- Training in CBE education, Child Protection, Safeguarding or techniques in professional development;
- 5 years of relevant experiences working as trainer, master trainer or working on the development and implementation/delivering of training programs for an NGO, or public entity
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in local languages (Dari and Pashto) and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff
- Previous training or mentoring experience is a plus
While sending your CV & Cover letter in one file, please mention the vacancy number, and position name in the subject line as (TLO-V2021-032 -Master Trainer Community-Based Education (CBE), application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration by TLO.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
TLO is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.