- Salary Offer According to SCA policy
- Address Maidan Shahar
- Years of Experience Must have bachelor’s degree in related professional field education, social science. Master’s degree in mentioned fields is an asset.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 213
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least 3 years’ experience in teaching.
- close Date August 10, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
The Master Trainer (MT) is a member of the Education Project team at the Regional Management Offices (RMO) level. In cooperation with the team members, s/he is responsible for capacity development of CBE teachers, district and provincial education department’s staff, Teachers Elected Councils (TECs) members in line with the SCA Education Policy, directives and work plans. S/he is responsible for assisting the project and his/her reporting line is education senior training officer (STO). Master trainer should contribute in planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluations, implementation, and reporting of SCA education project related activity.
Master trainers are directly responsible for quality of education in CBE program and should support education field supervisors in field visits, salary distribution to the CBE teachers, capacity development of CBE teachers through on job trainings, they also help STO in developing professional contents for teachers training courses, capacity building of provincial & district level staffs of education department, data collection and follow up of the trained teachers for improving quality of learning outcomes in SCA supported educational field facilities. S/he monitors the schools and training courses, compiles information, prepare reports and makes suggestions for improvement. S/he conduct regular visits to the education project sites and spends at least 80% of his/her official times in the field while monitoring the capacity development interventions and following the desired changes. S/he provides training manuals and academic notes as well as methodical materials for different types of trainings.
- To ensure provision of high-quality training to target groups.
- Developing capacity of SCA education program stakeholders Teacher Development Centres TDCs teachers, PED/DED staff, Hub school teachers, SMC members, CBE teachers and Inclusive Education Resource Person (IERPs).
- Work closely with the EFSs and other project staff.
- Maintain regular visits to the CBSs, Nomadic Classes, coaching classes and CwDs conduct class observations and provide mentoring support to the teachers.
- Provision of training to the CBE teachers based on training need assessment.
- Undertake training need assessment of CBE teachers, SMC members and other stakeholders.
- Make sure Teaching Kits and other training supplementary materials are properly used in the teaching and learning process.
- Ensure and provide appropriate use of the teaching and learning equipment and materials in the teaching and learning process.
- Design training material/manuals and conduct trainings.
- To ensure coordination among MTs in terms of planning, materials developing, initiatives with respect to staff and Local Education Authority’s capacity development and Teachers Training.
- Design and implement training follow up mechanism and ensure need-based support and guidance to the teachers, head teachers, students, and other beneficiaries.
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organized by the education programme
- Develop low/no cost teaching and learning materials by involving teachers, students and Education Field Supervisors.
- Produce success stories/case studies and share with communication section through concerned supervisor.
- Submit monthly, weekly, and daily work plan to the concerned supervisor on regular basis.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA.
- Strictly follow the SCA financial regulations and procedures.
- Do any other official duties assign by the line supervisor.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in related professional field education, social science. Master’s degree in mentioned fields is an asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in teaching.
- Must have teachers training experience with national or international organizations.
- Able to travel to any district of project coverage area.
- Good experience of class and schools’ observation and supervision
- Fluency in language (Pashto Dari) written and spoken. Also, medium level English language knowledge is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team & strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback.
- Ready to work and ability to travel frequently to project sites within the district/province level.
- Computer skills at operator level, especially with Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate should have good popularity and acceptance in the community.
Note: SCA provides transportation from Kabul to Maidan Shahr regularly.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.