- Salary Offer Based on Organization salary scale
- Address Miramor District, Bargar Valley
- Years of Experience At least 3 years of relevant working experience in rural development sector supervision and coaching the community institution
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 3 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference RCDC/HR/2023-01
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in social science rural development, public relation, and other related fields.
- close Date March 23, 2023
RCDC is a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian/development organization that has been working to improve the life of the Afghan people since 2002. RCDC works in rural areas and aims at improving rural livelihoods through sustainable activities that engage Afghan communities to be agents of their own development process. RCDC employs a holistic approach to all rural development activities in order to ensure the long-term viability of projects. Over 580,000 Afghans across 5 of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces have benefited from RCDC relief, rehabilitation and development activities since its establishment.
The overall objective of RCDC is to contribute to equitable and sustainable livelihoods for rural Afghans – with a particular emphasis on vulnerable groups. As a general planning tool, the program framework serves to keep the process towards this objective on track.
Within consideration of the current context and status of Afghanistan both men and women need to be supported by providing employment opportunities for them in term of cash for work projects. As households are managed by males, female, child, disable and elder headed families, we believe providing employment and assistance of households will be covered by supporting them in the family. As RCDC implementing the phase II CAFOD project by technical support of Caritas Germany in Miramor district though providing of cash for work to men labours, the project is designed to provide cash for work to support women with prioritise to child, disable and elder headed families in households in 19 CDCs of Bargar valley, Miramor district of Daykundi province.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engaging with CBDRM committees and beneficiaries at the community level on DRR activities.
- Preparing inclusive training curriculum and modules regarding rural development including project implementation; needs assessment, contextual SOWAT analysis, sorting out priorities, and selecting essential projects/ activities
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and organizing inclusive training at the community level.
- Responsible to prepare all training materials including presentations, training agenda, training schedule, training manuals, guidelines, and notes for trainers and the CBDRM committees in the communities.
- Responsible to train the field base trainers and CBDRM committee members on WASH and DRR issues and cover context analysis, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat (SWOT) analysis, and project cycle management.
- Collect data on the training and its impacts of the training.
- Responsible to track the training records – attendance sheets, score tests/results (Pre and post-evaluation of the trainees for each session).
- Keeping trainer’s diary – feedback on the conducted training, and lessons learned.
- Field assessment to identify the suitable location for the cultivation of seeds.
- Regular follow-up with CBDRM and monitor the progress of the project.
- Responsible to prepare weekly and monthly work plans, including detailed training plans.
- Responsible to check land soil quality before cultivation.
- Responsible for providing technical and implementation support and guidance to field-based trainers in the effective implementation of the project.
- Provide the report weekly, monthly, and occasionally to the project manager/senior staff from the project activities progress and prepare a summary report after each session.
- Other tasks relevant to the project implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science rural development, public relation, and other related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in rural development sector supervision and coaching the community institution
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Proficiency in the local language and strong working knowledge of English language (preferred)
- Physical ability
- Work experience with community-based projects
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to the project sites within the assigned district
- Candidates should be self-disciplined and motivated critical thinkers who are willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues
Please send your application together with your CV via email to: email@example.com
Kindly mention vacancy number along with position in subject of your email.
RCDC will prefer the candidates who are currently living in Daykundi province.
Please note that only short-listed candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted for written test and interview.