- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Experience • At least 3-4 years experiences in Teaching, teachers training and academic support to the MoE institution preferably in NGOs
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed-term till 31-Dec-2022 (extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 08-22
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date January 24, 2022
- Education • Graduate of Education Faculty of a recognized University in the relevant field (math and language)
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Master Trainer advises/supports teachers in developing their professional career through conducting of teachers training courses, mentoring and on-spot support in the classroom. Master Trainer trains Education Field Supervisors and local educational authorities in class observation, school supervision, monitoring and evaluation of teachers and students’ performance in schools. Master Trainer ensures that trained teachers are applying the subject and teaching competencies they have gained during the training sessions in class and that students’ learning achievements are improving. S/he provides academic support to the provincial level Science Centers and district level Teachers Training Institutes as per guidelines of the Capacity Development Officer and regularly monitors SCA supported educational facilities for assessing teaching and learning process and provides technical advice to the Education Field Supervisors for improving students’ learning outcomes. Master Trainer spends 70% of his/her official times in the field.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality
- Conduct Needs Assessment Surveys in other Project Offices coverage areas.
- Conduct Teachers Training sessions in other Project Offices coverage areas.
- Develop good cooperation with SCA units, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
- Keep abreast of Government policies, plans and activities in the relevant education field.
- Maintain close contact with the relevant Government departments; national and international NGOs; participate in relevant meetings with Government Departments and keep the EPMs informed about significant discussions.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Education Senior Officer/Project Manager or his/her nominee.
- Supervise activities of Headmasters/First teachers and teachers with respect to SCA Educational guidelines.
- Coordinate participation & contribution of SMC members in schooling affairs.
- Be responsible for all capacity development activities (teachers as well as SCA and local education authorities’ staff) implemented in the PO
- Identify training needs of the local education authorities; design and propose the required trainings accordingly
- Maintain regular follow up of the teacher training courses and other capacity development activities through regular field visits, technical follow ups and impact assessments
- Follow up the activities related to the school improvement plan in all SCA supported schools
- Ensure quality of education in all schools through regular field visits, technical follow ups and evaluations
- Help EFSs in assessment and evaluation of the effects of teachers training activities in classrooms
- Assist the EAO in keeping the capacity development data updated
- Conduct regular meetings with EFSs for coordination and on-spot support to the teachers
- Compile and submit all training and capacity development plans for the schools’ level staffs
- Spend about 70% of his/her time in the project sites/schools and working with the EFS, heads of schools and teachers. During the rest of the time, they will plan for school and teacher improvements and to do their office work including writing reports.
- Develop monthly action plans specifying tasks related to the schools; guidance to the EFS and teachers in co-ordination with the concerned project officers where required.
- Develop and apply monthly field visit plans clearly indicating tasks including class observations, model lessons which will be delivered during the school visit as well as follow ups of the previous visits.
- Must have a copy of minimum learning standards of each class and each subject and ensure these are complied with.
- Visit the schools (CBS, GA, Nomad Classes and Coaching Classes), observe classrooms; give feedback after each visit to the EFS, school administration and teachers and make action plans for addressing issues identified during the visits. Keep proper written record of each visit.
- Make ongoing assessment of learning of students on each visit and keep a record.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Graduate of Education Faculty of a recognized University in the relevant field (math and language)
- At least 3-4 years experiences in Teaching, teachers training and academic support to the MoE institution preferably in NGOs
- Sufficient experience in capacity development including training needs assessment planning and academic follow up
- Fluency in both official languages Dari and Pashto written and spoken while common on English is an added value
- Basic knowledge of computer is a plus
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated skills in capacity development, training needs assessment and evaluation and monitoring
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Be ready and ability to travel frequently to the project sites within the country.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject line must be: (Master Trainer HRM / MRMO 08-22) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.