- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 1 month(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0010/MAPWO/BGL-MT
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 27, 2022
About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO:
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
MAPWO needs 2 Master Trainers to be based in Kabul with travel for trainings to Wardak and Ghazni provinces. Senior level teachers and/or literacy experts with a deep understanding of effective literacy practice who will be providing literacy facilitators and community mobilizers with a 12-day pre-service and 2- day in-service training on the provision of basic general literacy to youth and adults.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop training modules and materials for training of the Basic General Literacy (BGL) Facilitators/ teachers and project District Community Mobilizer and Provincial Community Mobilizer.
2. Conduct training and prepare comprehensive training report at the end of the training.
3. Support MAPWO team on awareness rising on Basic General Literacy programme.
4. Work with MAPWO team and support the BGL programme and capacity building of facilitators on quick learning.
5. Setting training plan according to the overall plan of training section
6. Conduct Need assessment of targeted groups in the districts on BGL.
7. Assist the programs in training related matters both ToTs and BGL Facilitators’ orientation/refresher training.
8. Evaluate the capacity of the facilitators/ teachers and teaching methodology of the particular BGL.
9. Assist in implementation of the plan of action, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
10. Conduct random quizzes of the facilitators’ capacity during the trainings.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in education, Administration or any other relevant field in Social Sciences (Master Degree will be preferred)
2 years’ experience as Master trainer is a must. 5 years more professional experience as teacher, principal, and in trainings and education related projects is required
Good Coordination and Communication Skills
Commitment to MAPWO rule and procedure
Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
Excellent follow up skills
Great Knowledge of Literacy/ Education Programs
Able to handle pressure and workload
Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
LANGUAGES: Fluency in spoken and written English is required; Dari and Pashto languages is also a must.
GEOGRAPHY Based in Kabul, Wardak and Ghazni provinces
Supervision: The Master Trainer will be supervised by the Program Manager.
Afghanistan, Wardak, Ghazni
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (District Community Mobilizer) Vacancy Number: 0010/MAPWO/BGL-MT to:
Well qualified female candidates will be given preference.