- Salary Offer Based on the organization policy
- Address Jalal Abad, kabul & Charikar
- Years of Experience At least 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with 3 Months probationary
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference TAO/VA/Marketing/02
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education Masters/Bachelors in Bussiness Management or Marketing diploma
- close Date March 28, 2023
About Teach For Afghanistan:
Teach for Afghanistan Organization (TAO) is a local Afghan organization with mission is to create a movement of collective leadership by empowering young Afghan men and women in most under-resourced schools to ensure all Afghan children have the opportunity to reach its highest potential. TAO provides an opportunity to Afghanistan’s most promising university graduates to serve as full-time teachers to children in the country’s most under-resourced schools. The fellowship is a two-year long commitment to teach in a classroom and create a productive environment of learning. The fellowship journey develops leadership skills in Fellows by constant support and mentoring. Through the two-year Fellowship program, these change makers get exposed to the grass root reality and then post the Fellowship, they work across the system in their own capacities to solve the educational inequity. TAO is based in 3 Provinces, Kabul, Nangarhar and Parwan, has placed over 400 Fellows in +100 schools impacting +100,000 students across 12 districts in these provinces. TAO is a partner organization of Teach For All which is a global network of +60 independent partner organizations around the world.
Teach For Afghanistan Organization is looking for qualified candidate to work as a Marketing and Branding Officer. The principal responsibility of the Marketing and Branding Officer will be to develop and implement an integrated Marketing Plan that delivers TAO’s marketing objectives. The role involves responsibility for brand marketing, donors and sponsors identification and delivery of communications which will help TAO to get well known amongst the donors and grow in Afghanistan. It is, therefore, an extremely important role for TAO and its future development, and therefore, the Marketing Officer should take a key proactive leadership role within TAO.
- Following and implementing both – branding and marketing strategic plan to support the TAO overall strategies and objectives.
- Responsibility for implementing strategic marketing goals of the TAO in terms of Marketing and Media strategic plan with an action plan for marketing in Afghanistan, aligning it to the TAO 5 Year Strategic Plan, and approved by the CEO
- Contribute written articles for news agencies, TAO publications and website, provide the TAO employees with advice and guidance where applicable
- Improvement of Media with innovations and creation of comprehensive opportunities.
- Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organization’s work
- Act as a point of contact for local and national media enquiries and monitor and analyze media trends as well as prepare and write media statements/releases
- Must conduct regular Public Affairs and Communications and enhancing the reputation of TAO as an organization
- Through media, radio and newsletters, to promote TAO’s image and reputation to the public, government and donor organizations in particular, and inform staff and stakeholders about what are the mission, vision, goal and objective and major activities of TAO
- Provide media management support and advice to TAO staff provide an editorial resource for external news agencies, TAO publications, including the TAO website and Face book page
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, flyers, corporate profile, newsletter, magazine website, Face book, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns (Weekly , monthly, quarterly, yearly and strategic)
- Plan and execute campaigns to reach the target audience through appropriate channels.
- Developing high quality and effective marketing materials that align correctly with the overall brand strategy.
- Oversee the work of the designer and assist with layout development, design and print of all marketing materials. Select and edit the informational and illustrative materials for publication.
- Presenting the brand strategy to directors and marketing teams at internal meetings and conferences.
- Ensure that the program is properly connected, networked and professionally visible to outsider stakeholders and governmental departments so that any microfinance related conferences, trainings, meetings, and events that the head office staff is aware of, invited to and properly informed about.
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of marketing approaches in terms of attractiveness for clients. Suggest improvements and evaluate how TAO marketing approaches are different from the other competitors’ approaches.
- Ensure that all Main Office external documentation, reports or presentations have standardized and consistent with TAO brand identity, logo, design, and formats.
- Continuously improving relationships and communication within employees, customers, investors, supporters or the general public and program beneficiaries
- Executing the actions of the donor’s strategic plan with specified timelines and maintain full relationship-management responsibility with donors, in collaboration with the TAO CEO
- Initiate contact with potential partners, schedule meetings, implement follow-up strategies, and co-ordinate internal office procedures to ensure potential donors and supporters are realized
- Manage all media relations, prepare media statements releases and providing media advice
- Support with the development and Implementation of an internal communications strategy
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Excellent at relationship-building across countries and cultures
Passion for sport and understanding of cricket
The ability to deliver great results in a fast-paced environment
Conduct any other task, responsibility, or activity that assigned by top management.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 4pm AFT 31st January 2023.