- Salary Offer As per Company salary scale
- Years of Experience Five years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months Renewable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AACS-VA-181
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least Bachelor's degree
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Koh-e Baba Consultancy Services:
Koh-e baba Consultancy Services (KCS), is an Afghanistan-based subsidiary of the Prime Group of companies, is a privately-owned firm specializing in the delivery of development projects on behalf of international clients. KCS has core expertise in agribusiness, agricultural extension, apiculture, horticulture, irrigation, livestock husbandry and veterinary support, and technical and vocational education and training.
Afghanistan Value Chain (AVC)-Livestock Project will work with various anchor firms throughout the livestock sector to improve value chains to increase productivity in key livestock value chains, improve the commercial viability of agribusiness, and strengthen public-private agriculture service delivery. AVC – Livestock will seek to engage women and youth-owned businesses in these livestock value chains. The Project will contribute positive and measurable impacts on the livestock sector as a whole and will ensure that local market actors are involved at every stage of the value chain.
The Market Linkages Specialist will facilitate upstream and downstream relationships for the selected livestock anchor firms. They will identify constraints in the business growth and will address them through sound activities that can expand the market coverage of the anchor firms. The Market Linkages Specialist will work closely with the Value Chain Leads, regional portfolio teams, and crosscutting team members in the implementation of market linkages-related and business development activities. They will monitor the firms’ progress against clear benchmarks and help the value chain leads and regional managers to determine if the businesses are succeeding or failing. Additionally, they will identify opportunities and lead interventions to upgrade partner anchor firms’ understanding of marketing and related business management functions.
Objectives and Duties
- Organize investment conferences, Business-to-Farmers (B2F), and Business-to-Business (B2B) events across the target provinces;
- Track the results and success of market linkage meetings and events through follow-up consultations and collecting relevant documents on deals/sales and agreements stemming from these events;
- Provide technical assistance to processors in raw material sourcing and build their relations with the suppliers of inputs and buyers of the finished product;
- Assist in market research and assessments in selected value chains and collect relevant market data and prepare reports;
- Provide support to the Export and Trade Promotion Manager, Value Chain Leads, and other crosscutting team members in the implementation of various training and events;
- Assists in the formation of value chain partnerships and networks, analyze data, and prepare due diligence reports;
- Maintain close coordination/linkages with the relevant stakeholders and agencies on the implementation of livestock value chain activities; and
- Contribute to project activities, planning, reports, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Agroeconomics, Economics, Trade, Marketing, Business, or a related area;
- Five years of experience in working with the private sector, preferably implementing donor projects in enterprise market systems;
- Previous experience working as a specialist or in equivalent positions with SMEs, preferably in the livestock sector; and
- Fluency in English and relevant regional languages.
Applicants meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their CVs to Jobs@kohebaba.net no later than January 31, 2023.
- Please quote the Job title as the subject of the e-mail when applying;
- No supporting documents (e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s), etc.) are required at this stage;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment;
- Your CV should have at list three references from a former employer to make able us to contact for further information, please provide the below information for your references:
- Name, Designation, Organization, Contact Information – Address; Phone; Email; etc.