- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MTNA-HR-21-NOV-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 27, 2022
About MTN Afghanistan:
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 21 countries with a subscriber base of over 260 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
This position is responsible to supervise/manage the build out, implementation and maintenance of IT Network/Datacenters, IT hardware network, and software’s which supports the Company’s applications and deliver expected service levels to customers within the prescribed budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise standard quality of the troubleshooting (3G, 2G and BB operational activity) and timely resolution of hardware and software issues for network and security appliance; Administrate, maintain, manage and upgrade to new technology.
- Supervise backup of network and security devices.
- Maintain documentation related to data center operations and life cycle; Maintain and execute Business Continuity Plan aligned with the business strategy.
- Validate software’s license compliance and maintenance agreements with 3rd parties.
- Manage vendor relationships. Monitor and ensure that Projects & Operational delivery of system outputs are met through vendors for data centers.
- Leverage technical skills to work across internal groups as well as with vendors and industry partners to support service offerings and infrastructure capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a preventive maintenance schedule for IT equipment.
- Manage physical Inspection and installation of network devices, Racks, power, UPS, switches, routers, firewall, and Spare parts
- Act as Tier 2 and 3 Support Professional for network team
- Prepare and give input for budgets for Datacenter/Remote sites/CSPs/BSCs O & M Department.
- Implement and manage Remote CSPs Network and Remote BSCs IP Network Manage and monitor UPS and data center temperature
- Manage Data Center Structure (e.g., Racks, Power, Network Connectivity, etc)
- Manage and maintain IT Network Services (e.g., Internet, PABX, Firewalls, VPN, etc.) Follow-up on remote site security project; ITSM .
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high
- Direct and monitor work of subordinates
- Manage the performance and deliverables of direct reports to ensure that the objectives of the department are achieved
- Supervise IT-Network team in terms of operational support.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a reputable university
5-7 years of relevant experience
CCNA ( R & S ) CCNP ( R & S )
CCNA ( Security ) CCNP ( Security )
SPECIALIST, CISCO FIREWALL SPECIALIST, CISCO IPS SPECIALIST, CISCO VPN SPECIALIST, CISCO FMC, CISCO ISE NAC,
Big-IP F5 loadbalancer
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Nov 27, 2022.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).