- Salary Offer NTA Salary Scale (Grade D, Step 1-3)
- Years of Experience 3 to 4 years relevant
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35123
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree Holder
- close Date November 27, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Conduct visits to resettlement-affected households to establish strong relationship with the households and related stakeholders and line department.
- Collect reliable and accurate data from households and individuals and support households to develop their household livelihood transition plans.
- Deliver key messages and help households to understand their livelihood transition and be in charge of verifying the data from the households.
- Participate in all community related event of the project.
- Maintain good coordination with relevant governmental stake holder, local leaders and community representatives for smooth implementation of the program activities.
- Ensures that beneficiaries and local populations understand the Food Security and Livelihoods Program projects’ goals and agree with the implementation process.
- Ensures proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers/daily workers who will take part in the project.
- Provide regular update on his/her project work plan to the line manager.
- Follows up and supports the sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs.
- Attends regular community meetings in the assigned area.
- Collects, enters, and analyzes his/her team necessary food security data according to the need of the program.
- Ensure project activities are carried out in the field on time and with high quality.
- Extracts and passes on compiled statistics on livelihoods activities (beneficiary, cards, assessments, monitoring, etc.) to his/her line manager.
- Develops the first draft of success stories/ best practices documentation in line with livelihoods activities.
- Report any community information, problems, issues to his/her direct and or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task.
- Participate internal and external project meeting and share the meeting minute.
- Undertake other related tasks assigned by line manage
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture Extension
- At least 3 – 4 years of progressive work experience in the similar roles in the field of food security and nutrition, livelihoods, agricultural extension, value chain and marketing projects with INGO or Afghan NGOs.
- Experience in agricultural marketing and business linkages; delivery of field level extension activities; organizing trainings and delivery; and training received in related subjects
- Experience in developing agriculture/horticulture-based training curricula, agriculture value chain, marketing and business development.
- Experience in facilitating agricultural extension methodologies particularly Farmers Field School and Self-help Groups with demonstration of participatory research and technology development following Demonstration farms is preferred.
- Understanding on research and survey methodologies, designing, and implementing food security and nutrition survey, value chain study and market assessment is required.
- Good spoken and written skill in English, Pashto and Dari Languages and possess good skills in report writing
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline