- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 1 - 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MSF-667
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Assist and support in the management, servicing/repairing, follow-up, and installation works for all powered machines and motorized equipment and related activities according to MSF protocols.
Perform technical assessment and provide recommendations and advice (generators installations, servicing/repairing, fuel management, fleet/garage, and spare parts management, etc.), from Kabul or in the MSF projects throughout Afghanistan
Support the ATU manager with specific delegated activities or part of activities:
Ensure, and follow up upon, punctual delivery of all necessary monthly MSF standard reporting tools- related to the Motorized fleet from the field.
Ensure all MSF standard reporting files (from the field) are summarized, compiled and encoded in ATU/Mission file on Sharepoint – on a monthly basis.
Actively participating in the implementation of all related activities as defined within the department strategy (Mechanic and Mobility Strategies defined by ATU Manager and/or Logistical Coordinator).
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Provide day-to-day support for all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (Service / Maintenance schedule and follow-up for diesel and petrol and/or other motorized or related powered machines, garage management) for the entire Mission in collaboration with the field technicians and the ATU Manager
– Ensure the projects’ support through field visits for project management/site supervision (cost control, schedule management, quality control, and others) when applicable/required
– Participate in the development and update of the maintenance strategies and safety protocols, for all related works in his field of expertise
– Ensure the diagnosis, troubleshooting, servicing/reparation, and repatriation of all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets at the local level and support in the periodical maintenance schedules as defined by the mission repair protocols for the entire mission; Performs technical assessment and provides recommendations and advice (generators installations, servicing/repairing, fuel management, fleet/garage and spare parts management, etc.)
– Ensure the development and implementation of the Garage Management and Maintenance Follow-up Tool in collaboration with the ATU Manager
– Participate actively in the development and implementation of training activities for the mechanic technicians in the mission; support in the Logbook completion for field technicians in collaboration with the ATU Manager and the L&D Department
– Ensure compliance with the Mission policies, procedures, and protocols related to his respective technical family for the entire mission
– Participate in the development of the Mobility/Mechanic budget for all projects and Coordination (Annual planning process and Budget revision/forecast)
– Support and assist in the follow-up of all mechanic-related equipment and spare part stocks in the projects (define the level of stock turnover; inventories; follow up on stock cards, storage, and cleaning of equipment)
– Act as advisor for the Coordination Contingency/Buffer and EPREP stock definition based on the mission requirements, turnover of equipment/parts, etc. through field visits observation
– Support in the market assessment strategies and evaluation of local suppliers for the quality and services available in his field of expertise
– Support in the capitalization of information on innovation projects in coordination with the ATU team in his field of expertise
– Assist in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, renewal of all relevant documentation for vehicles and motorized engines, etc.) in the mission
– Support and assist the projects in the completion of the monthly reporting on the fuel consumption, services are done and parts stock for all the projects
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Delegated activities under the supervision of the ATU Manager:
– Develop and ensure the follow-up of all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (Service / Maintenance schedule and follow-up for diesel and petrol and/or other motorized or related powered machines, garage management) for the entire mission in collaboration with the field technicians and the ATU Manager.
– Support in the development, update, and validation of the timeline of activities and maintenance strategies in his field of expertise; monitor and follow up on the implementation of the projects
– Ensure the follow-up, and renewal, of all power, generating equipment, and spare part stocks in the projects including Contingency/Buffer and EPREP stocks at Coordination; define the level of stock turnover; inventories; follow up on stock cards, storage, and cleaning of equipment.
– Ensure the quality of purchased material through technical validation / OR and PU involvement (for rental and purchased material).
– Compare the quality of equipment, providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local availability
– Support in the development and ensure the follow-up of the budget for all projects (Annual planning process, Budget revision/forecast, activities consulting, etc.) in his/her field of expertise – with the ATU Manager
– Ensure the definition of quality standards for all related material through the local availability and international ordering for the entire mission – with the ATU Manager
– Ensure the follow-up and renewal of equipment and spare part stocks in the projects incl. the definition of minimum essential stock quantities, the level of stock turnover; inventories – with the ATU Manager
– Coordination Contingency (Buffer) Stock owner and responsible for related budget follow-up, replenishment, and renewal of stocks – in close collaboration with the ATU Manager and Coordination Supply-Manager
– Ensure the development and follow-up of market assessment strategies, plus evaluation of local suppliers for the quality and services – in close collaboration with the ATU Manager
– University degree in Mechanic Engineering (strong asset)
– Trained Mechanic within Cars and Generators (essential)
– Solid user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) (essential)
– Valid driving license (essential)
– Other experience in a similar position (essential – practical experience with vehicles and generators)
– Practical experience of Mechanical work, relating to Cars and Generators (minimum 10 years)
– Experience as Workshop manager minimum 2 years (strong asset)
– MSF/NGO experience (desirable)
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written (desirable)
– English: oral and written (essential – high technical and professional level)
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO SOMETIMES WORK OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Tuesday 31 January 2023 at 1 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via:
– E-mail: MSF-Afghanistan-Recruitment@msf.org
The reference “Logistics Specialist – Mobility” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.