- Salary Offer As per JIA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 3 Years working experience with NGO/INGOs
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 months will possible extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference JUH-0073
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree ( preferable in computer science)
- close Date August 9, 2022
About Johanniter International Assistance:
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German based non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting health, WASH and Nutrition projects worldwide.
Main Purpose of Job:
Under the direct supervision of the Finance-HR-Log Coordinator, the Logistic & Procurement officer will promote adherence of Johanniter logistic & procurement system and procedures, maintain good inter-team communications and stimulate positive dynamics and support the procurement and logistics functions of Kabul office as well as for partners, consistent with project objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support JIA operation coordinator and partners in ensuring that there is an efficient procurement system with well-defined processes that guarantee goods and services are procured in accordance with the organization policy, Johanniter policy and any donor requirement;
- Support JIA operation coordinator and partners in developing and implementing their respective robust internal control systems in order to responsibly manage their logistics which effectively comply with their organizational, Johanniter and donor conditions;
- Being part of the partner assessment team for assessing any potential partners prior to any partnership agreement;
- Carry out partner compliance reviews aimed at identifying areas of improvement for all partners through regular field visits, assessing partners’ (strengths and weaknesses) logistics operations process, as well as flagging out risk and establishing the needs for future training, development, etc.;
- Provide training to partners aimed at ensuring compliance with their organizational policies, Johanniter, and donor regulations;
- Help, aid and assist in first level checks to assure policies, procedures, rules and regulations are being followed
- Support JIA operation coordinator and partners in organizing all logistics processes including the development of their procurement plans for their respective grants, purchasing, distribution, assets & inventory management, warehousing, transportation, etc.;
- Support partners in developing procurement plans for all JIA supported projects.
- To review all partner procurements equal or above EUR 5,000 and review as necessary any other procurements requiring a Note for Procurement (EUR 1,000 and above) before Head of Mission approves the procurement;
- To support JIA operation coordinator and partners in conducting regular market surveys, maintaining supplier database and keeping price lists for commonly purchased items;
- Ensure that all partners maintain detailed fixed asset register for all assets bought through Johanniter supported grants, as well as grant inventory list;
- Produce field visits reports with clear finding and recommendations for partners to be shared with Partner and Johanniter management;
- Support our partners in ensuring that all agreed audit recommendations are implemented;
- Assisting partners in ensuring that all activities, goods and services are adequately budgeted for in all JIA supported proposals;
- Provide cover for Logistics Officer in the Johanniter International Assistance office during his absence;
- Coordinate with Global Support Unit and Global Logistics Desk to improve logistics coordination and effectiveness;
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the line manager, Head of Mission, Global Support Unit and/or Global Logistics Desk.
Partner’s Staff Capacity Building
- Conduct assessments of the organizational capacity of partners aimed at identifying any gaps and conduct capacity building training for partners where necessary.
- To conduct capacity building training for Johanniter partners;
- Ensure logistics staff in Country Office, Partners and non-logistical staff increase their competence related to logistical issues.
- Monitor the proper functioning of system and network infrastructures and the management of IT equipment
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software
- Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
- Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing.
- To ensure that the proper administrative procedures and standards for order follow-up, ordering, stock keeping and dispatch are followed in accordance with Johanniter standards and procedures.
- To maintain a complete filing system of all logistics & procurement documents and supporting references in accordance with Johanniter standards and procedures.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of The Johanniter International Assistance acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- Maintain up to date records on above functions for provision of reports to supervisor as requested.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (preferable in computer science)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the international humanitarian organizations
- Experience in logistic & Procurement management in multi sectoral projects settings
- Experience in IT management will be preferred
Technical skill and knowledge
- Good communication skills, approachable, good listener and an easy to talk to person
- Advance IT skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Diplomatic, tact and with good negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and have an understanding of gender issues
- Have; a sense of confidentiality, empathy, flexibility, dynamism and good organizational capacity
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; Always acts in the best interests of all the team members he/she serves in
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results
- Should be able to plan his/her own work on daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Should be able to submit reports on time
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Fluency in a local language, oral and written
Please submit your CV through the email mentioned in the advertisement.