- Salary Offer 45000- 55000 AFN
- Years of Experience 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Procurement
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 11-Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KRO-KDR-071
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in BBA or similar related field
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Kandahar Refugee Organization:
Kandahar Refugee Organization (KRO) is a national-level, non-political, non-profitable, non-governmental organization working for humanitarian and rehabilitation roots in Afghanistan. Further, KRO is an Afghan organization that is committed to the development of the local economy and building local capacity for sustainable development. Thus, we have an established specialized network in many provinces of the country in order to design, and implement related activities in the field of food security, research, capacity building, disaster management, and placement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Logistician is responsible for supporting KRO management staff for an ethical and efficient implementation of all logistic activities related to the needs of the office and/or project implementation
- The Logistics Manager is responsible for all logistics operations of the KRO Kandahar, Zabul, Helmand and Urozgan base. responsible for the management and implementation of the logistics departments’ activities, including the office support staff:
- To deliver logistical support to office and program operations in a time and cost-efficient way.
- To assure compliance with KRO procedures and governance model.
- To ensure the set-up of efficient communication channels and reporting mechanisms with the other stakeholders.
- In charge of warehousing, supply chain management, procurement, fleet management and management of support staff
- Monitor the correct use of KRO assets, provide technical assistance to inventory officer during updating inventory and allocation of assets and follow up on weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of the support staff (drivers, guards, and cleaners) and delegation of daily tasks to maximize the efficiency of the logistical operations.
- Coordination, planning, reporting and team management
- Participate in staff coordination meetings and provide updates per project and per purchase order, especially for competitive negotiated procurements
- Assist the Regional Director in all logistic aspects of KRO activities in Kandahar and other provinces sub-offices and related centers.
- Oversee the planning of KRO Transport management.
- Supervise daily presence and leave of support staff
- Report any problem or inconvenience related to the logistics team or any of its members to the line management
- Ensure detailed and orderly record keeping and filing
- Monthly delivery of logistics report to line management
1. Security and liaison
- Be in charge of all custom clearance procedures and maintain relationship with competent authorities
- Plan and prepare upon request for movement plan and safe travel
Check and supervise the proper functioning of communication necessary for safety traveling
Ensure the presence and quality of first aid kits and fire extinguishers in office and centers (and cars)
Attend meetings and trainings related to security and safety and ensures timely information and knowledge transfer
- Prepare, get approval, make orders and proceed to local purchase according to established KRO and donor procurement procedures, using correct formats and collecting/filing correct documents.
- Execute and follow up all procurement procedures (bids, offers, appraisals of quality and price) and follow-up with Regional Director and admin-fin department for the preparation of contracts with awarded suppliers, and accordingly follow-up on contract signing and document/payment delivery and collection.
- Arrange and update all logistic files and documents in proper archives (digital and hard copies)
- Ensure the establishment and regular updating of the supplier list for KRO in coordination/upon verification with the admin-fin department for goods, services and suppliers.
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport and distributions together with PMs: waybills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records.
3. – Warehousing
- Ensure the proper functioning of warehouse procedures (in/out registration), follow up with Warehouse officer about check of stocks on a regular basis and report to the immediate supervisor
- follow up with warehouse officer regarding updating of stock cards and reports, reporting on monthly basis or when required, to Regional Director.
- Set up emergency stock levels for key consumable items and alert the program managers and Regional Director to process the purchase requests and avoid shortages.
4. Fleet management or Transportation
- Check and supervise the proper functioning and schedule preventive maintenance of KRO fleet or Transport.
- Check and supervise the proper use of logbooks for each vehicle, recording fuel consumption and sufficient fuel stock levels.
- Supervise the correct use of the vehicles, only by KRO staff and authorized individuals and strict adherence to no weapons or unauthorized items policy.
- Prepare travel arrangements to project sites and any other location (check-up vehicles conditions, fuel, radio, drivers, etc.), including movement plan, permits and safe travel.
- Check on weekly basis the status of the emergency kits and toolboxes in each vehicle
- Check and maintain properly the office, warehouse, and guesthouses conditions (building, electricity, plumbing, equipment etc.) and report eventual problems to the immediate supervisor
- Pro-actively schedule preventive maintenance works (in office, drop-in center, warehouse, and guesthouse)
- Ensure regular rent, utilities payments (electricity, water, gas, etc.) and running costs are paid (upon approval of Regional Director for direct activities related cost & approval of Director or Regional Director for support costs), per prior approval received on the weekly liquidity planning/cash request
The logistician undertakes to fulfil these tasks and to respect and keep any confidential information relating to the local partners and KRO beyond the reach of any third party.
- Bachelor’s Degree in BBA or similar related field
- 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Procurement
- Excellent communication skills and English Proficiency, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing and excel.
- Outstanding team building and management skill.
- Negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to make decisions and get measurable results through a diverse team.
- Ability to manage and direct a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Time-management and organization skills
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.