- Salary Offer Based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 3-4 years of experience in a humanitarian recovery context as Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Officers, or similar position with i-NGOs.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31-12-2022 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0305
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Diploma, or certification from other relevant fields from a recognized university/institute
- close Date July 13, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Logistics Officer position is day to day implementation of the logistics responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services within the Kandahar Area Office. This position will mainly focus on Fleet and asset management which will include reporting.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Logistics tasks according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency, and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. t, vehicle management, asset management)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials and Goods
- Implement all activities pertaining to Procurement services (Sourcing, Procurement, Delivery, Asset Management, and Support implementation).
- Plan for supplies of goods and services required by the NRC operation within Afghanistan including the preparation of monthly logistics reports.
- Implement internal controls and procedures within the operation to ensure adherence to standards.
- Supervise customs clearances of locally and internationally procured items and liaise with other organizations to obtain all necessary authorizations and clearances for import and export of these goods.
- Ensure that assets and equipment are recorded, tagged, updated, and managed according to assets SOPs
- Ensure that NRC’s assets are well maintained at all times.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Drivers.
- Arranging Vehicles for the Travel Authorization Request (TAR) of the programs for Kandahar staff or other staff are coming/going to other field offices
- Car & Generator Engine reports on Monthly bases
- Faciliation of Rental vehicles monthly payment for Kandahar & Urozgan offices
- Market assessment of fuel price twice in a month
- Ensure that appropriate maintenance support is available for the Kandahar office and Guesthouse and repairs are carried out in a timely manner.
- Being fully responsible for all activities in the warehouse/stock in Kandahar.
- Fleet & generator related chores handling (coordination meeting with drivers, fuelling, logbook tracking, etc.)
- Handle transportation of goods & supplies to and from field offices & air cargo issues.
- Act as backup for the logistics team in other South offices, when required.
- Responsible for conducting monthly and annual assets verification and updating of Agresso system.
- Performs other duties when required.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Diploma, or certification from other relevant fields from a recognized university/institute
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- 3-4 years of experience in a humanitarian recovery context as Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Officers, or similar position with i-NGOs.
- Knowing documentation, asset management, warehousing, fleet management, and reporting
- Good computer skills – MS Office & database.
- Good control and supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
For applying and more information please click on below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.