- Salary Offer Based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Experience At least three years’ progressive experience in logistic Coordinator level with a reputable non-profit organization
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 31 May 2022 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2022-003
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 18, 2022
- Education University education, in Business Administration or related field preferred
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Logistic Coordinator is to provide day to day leadership on implementation of all logistics functions in NRC West Area Office. S/he will take an active role in supporting field based logistics staff comply with NRC and donor guidelines and lead on all logistic activities conducted in NRC West Area Office. The role will also provide technical line management to logistics staff in Badghis and Nimrooz field offices and any other sub-offices.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes procurement, vehicle management, asset management
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials
- Representation of logistics internally with Area Management and other internal stakeholders
- Logistics input for donor proposals, donor reports, project review meetings and audits
- Training of Logistics and non-logistics staff on logistics processes, procedures and policies
- Review, provide feedback, and consolidate all West Area monthly logistics reports. Share final and consolidated reports with Area Manager and Support Manager on a monthly basis
- Ensure fleet is managed in-line with NRC Afghanistan fleet management SOPs and global procedures – this includes ensuring all required vehicle documents are in place and all fleet is adequately equipped
Stock & Asset Management
- Make sure that stock management SOPs and global policies are adhered to
- Lead on disposal process of damaged assets and inventory items
- Ensure management of assets through agresso asset management module
- Ensure regular stock checks and asset & inventory verifications are completed, documented and reported
- Review procurement plans for all grants and consolidate these regularly into an area level procurement plan
- Collection of price list surveys and leading on market reviews where appropriate
- Ensure set-up and management of Framework Agreements for the West Office
- Ensure clear archiving system is in place for all procurement files
- Ensure vetting of suppliers is completed in-line with NRC processes and policies
- Perform other duties when required
- At least three years’ progressive experience in logistic Coordinator level with a reputable non-profit organization
- Fluency in English language and local languages
- High proficiency with MS Office – particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Skills in training and remote management support
- Understanding of anti-corruption mechanisms and donor compliance requirements;
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- University education, in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Flexible and creative
- Managing resources to optimize results;
- Influencing others;
- Planning and delivering results.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
How to Apply:
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in NRC People site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough