- Salary Offer As per the salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 1 year of work experience in technical logistics position.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 570-2022
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High school diploma essential. Bachelor degree in technical field (engineering, mechanical, electrical etc.) preferred.
- close Date August 10, 2022
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure.
Objective 1: Following field working places premises
- Inspect field working places to assess what work is necessary and what supplies and furniture are missing and draw the list of needs and BoQs
- Check and ensure that installations and buildings are conform to security norms and report to the manager to implement the necessary updates
- Monitor the proper functioning of the energy system of the field working places
- Follow all work carried out by suppliers and craftsmen in the field working places
Objective 3: Supervising transportation to the field or other Bases
- Supervise shipment and delivery of materials including drugs and medical items to their destination in coordination with the suppliers, the country logistics team and the receivers.
- Ensures the proper documentation is produced such as waybills.
- Supervise loading and unloading.
- Manage Casual Worker and their payment.
Objective 4: Supporting his manager in checking vehicles
- Verify that vehicles comply with INTERSOS regulations
- Check that vehicles logbooks are in place and are used correctly
- Monitor the proper operation of all security and communication equipment in the vehicles
- Ensure that the administrative documents are available and filed
- Report to the manager if any gap identified in any of the four above points
- Report all incidents to line manager
Objective 5: Managing the stocks
- Manage ins and outs.
- Manage all out-stocks documentation as well as their archiving
- Ensure the stock report is always updated
- Follow stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds and expiry dates to avoid stock ruptures, losses and excess stocks
- In conjunction with the line manager, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- In conjunction with the line manager to monthly prepare an order through consumption analysis to replenish stock up to the agreed coverage
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
Objective 5: Doing and/or following the maintenance of the premises
- Regularly inspect the premises to assess what work is necessary and what supplies and furniture are missing
- Draw up a list of needs following the premises assessment and the items left in the store
- Carry out all minor works requested by the line manager, as well as any task identified and approved by the line manager. These include the small repair and maintenance for:
- Electricity: Install lights, broken outlet, circuit breakers, clean ACs, inverters and batteries.
- Carpentry: Repair broken locks for doors, cupboards, windows, ETC.
- Plumbing: Change the water tapes, some case sewage pipes…ETC
- Ensure effective management, protection and care of work tools and keep the workshop tidy.
- Supervise the daily workers in the premises
- Follow all work carried out by suppliers in the premises and validate the reception of the work
- Ensure that premises are conform to security SOP and report to the manager if necessary
- Ensure utilities are always available: gas, water bottles for dispenser…
- Ensure emergency food box equipment box, first aid kits are available in all locations. Follow up of the expiry dates and ensure the replacement of the expiring items
Objective 6: Managing the base generators
- In charge of the efficient use of generators on the base
- Plan and make the maintenance for the generator including changing oil, oil filter , fuel filter, air filter.
- Follow-up fuel to order in proper time to avoid any shortage.
- At least 1 year of work experience in technical logistics position.
- High school diploma essential. Bachelor degree in technical field (engineering, mechanical, electrical etc.) preferred.
- Good computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel proficency is a must)
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of both Dari and English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural/ethnic environment
- Service oriented
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in demanding and stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Good communication skills
- Practical and problem-solver
please submit your applications by filling the INTERSOS Standard Job application form (https://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with an updated CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or can send the hard copy of the applications to any of the INTERSOS offices. Please note that applying without filling job application form may result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting
Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.