- Salary Offer NTA Salary Scale (Grade F, Step 1-5)
- Years of Experience 2-3 years relevant
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35117
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education 14 Grade, Bachelor Degree is preferred
- close Date November 28, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Logistics Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to Logistics Manager in a timely manner.
- Conduct Regular Warehouse inspection for pests, insects, and rodents control, take necessary action for any foreseen situations.
- Monitor the needed Items stock replenishment mechanism.
- Follow up on Donation, in kind and Transfer and disposal of assets as per IRC rule and procedures.
- Provide and assists the program on required list of assets for ongoing Grants and Close Grants.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- . Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Receiving and verifying the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Take part in sorting, placing and putting away the goods in the appropriate place in the warehouse.
- Prepares merchandise for shipment of goods whenever required.
- Oversee truck loading operations to ensure all policies and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Maintains accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment on a regular basis
- Report to Logistics Manger of any warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Tag, record and report all the items received before issuing them to requesting unit.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a warehouse management capacity
- Knowledge of managing assets, inventory and warehouse activities
- Knowledge of conducting asset, inventory and warehouse physical count
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Minimum of 14th grade graduated/Bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar field is an asset
- Physically fit, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English, Dari, Pashto.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter) and MS office package.
- Willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Systems oriented individual
- Good team player
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline