- Salary Offer As per NRC Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum 3 Years of Experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 01-Jan-2022 until 31-Dec-202
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-237
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 23, 2022
- Education • University Degree from Supply Chain /Logistics, B-Com/ BBA/ Management and Economics or other relevant field is required.
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The purpose of a Logistics Assistant is to support logistic officer in term of procurement, warehousing, asset management, fleet, transport and any other logistical activities in east (Jalalabad & Kunar). S/He need to work with requested department in preparing vehicle moment plan, stock IN/OUT, direct purchases, issuing and receiving of assets/inventory and other required tasks. The incumbent will be also responsible for preparing stock report, activities report and ensure that drivers rooster, leaves and perdiem are well manage.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implement day to day responsibilities of Logistics to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods, work and services.
- Ensure proper filing of logistics documents for future references and audit purposes.
- Maintain file for all contracts (lessee agreement, rental vehicle, MoUs and FWA) and ensure that all original contracts/agreements are kept in a secure manner.
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs.
- Updating Logistic Officer about contribution report on monthly bases.
- Implement day to day logistic activities at Jalalabad office.
- Ensure that procurement activities in Jalalabad Office are carried out according to SOPs, supplier database and price list are updated, procurement tracking sheets checked on regular basis, filtering the unnecessary PRs and planning onwards.
- Ensure that all assets and equipment are registered properly, tagged, updated and managed according to standard assets SOPs.
- Responsible for inventory of Office equipment every six months in a year, and update the report in system.
- Ensure to manage that all items are received, dispatched and stored properly including accurate updating of stock cards and bin cards as standard NRC SOPs/Policies and monthly stock reports is produced and shared with logistic Officer on time. Carry out physical stock count (10%/month and 100% each six months and based on need).
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with the necessary tools and ensure maintenance, fuelling of vehicles and generators is carried out according to NRC policies, and procedures and fuel payment are cleared on monthly basis.
- Ensure that drivers rooster and leaves are well planned and overtime/ Perdiem are cleared on monthly basis.
- Maintain file for all contracts (lease agreement, rental vehicle, service and goods) and ensure that all original contracts/ agreements are kept in a secure manner.
- Ensure to maintain and update hard copy files of documents and maintain an accessible filing system for use by the staff of the office.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Performs other duties when required and given by the line manager.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- University Degree from Supply Chain /Logistics, B-Com/ BBA/ Management and Economics or other relevant field is required.
- Minimum three years of work experience with a satisfactory performance in Logistic preferably with international NGOs.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken of Pashto, Dari & English.
- Ability to work additional hours if and when required.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Ability to commence work immediately.
- Knowledge of Procurement, Asset Management, Warehousing, Fleet Management, Documentation and Reporting.
- Good control and supervisory skills.
- Good computer skills – MS Office & database.
- Good communication skills.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Team player & working with people
- Flexible and creative
- Long term committed, honest & straightforward thinker.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
1st Option: For applying and more information, please click on the position title below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.
2nd Option: Based on the policy, only for this position hardcopies of the CVs can be submitted on below address:
“Behind old Attorney, near to UNICEF office, District No 4, House # 1400, Jalalabad City, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.”