- Salary Offer As per scale
- Years of Experience 3 Years experiences in logistic with local or international NGOs.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year - extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference UA-115/AFV-H 10-2022/LA
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's degree holder in administration
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Union Aid:
Union Aid established in 1979 working for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and people in Afghanistan in different sectors such as health, education, livelihood, emergency relief, basic infrastructure with the support of UNHCR, WHO, WFP, AFV, GIZ, MI and several other donors.
Currently, Union Aid is implements various projects in health, livelihood, education, and rehabilitation of basic infrastructures, repatriation of IDPs, and emergency relief projects in different provinces of Afghanistan.
Union Aid is seeking a competent logistics assistant who will be responsible to plan, organize. implement and monitor procurement process. commodity transport., and warehousing. Under the direct supervision of Logistics Officer, the incumbent is responsible to monitor the receipt of reports/documentation on the status and disposition of FIs and NFIs from point of origin to end use, and other logistics.
- Follow the UA procurement procedures. policies and purchase food and non-food, equipment and other materials on time.
- Procure all requested purchases in a timely manner. by working closely with logistics officer, purchasing committee, and procurement committee.
- Organize to obtain necessary price quotations for local procurements. with coordination with purchasing committee.
- Assist purchasing committee to provide more and clear information about quotations, quality of items.
- To review the market regularly for changing prices. improved quality and quantities of goods available.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reports on procurement are obtained.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and ensure finance review and appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Ensure that all purchase requisitions (RFPs, POs, and RFQs,) are numbered and logged and the copies the requisitions are on file.
- Assist the Logistics Officer in clearing procurement documentations, GRN, stocking and inventorying of FIs and NFIs.
- Receive locally purchased goods. verifying receipt and follow upon backordered items.
- In coordination with the Admin and finance Department ensure the delivery of purchased supplies/equipment to project sites ensuring that packing lists, bills, invoices and related documents are complete.
- Perform any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor to you.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in administration
- 3 Years experiences in logistic with local or international NGOs.
- Prior experience as a logistics assistant at a large warehouse.
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes and metrics.
- Ability to handle and maneuver fragile stock with ease.
- Strong communication, memorization, and teamwork skills.
- Outstanding organizational and investigative abilities.
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Application with CV should be received before closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Equal opportunity will be provided to both male and female candidates.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.