- Salary Offer As per Company Salary Scale
- Address Pulkhumri- Bamian-Nili-Sheberghan-Aybac
- Years of Experience At least two years of experience in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management in the development sector. Candidate with recent work experience with INGOs in procurement, logistics, and supply chain management experience
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Contract Duration 9 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference IMC-56-2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University graduate with a business administration/ economics degree or related fields
- close Date March 24, 2023
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and healthcare to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To learn more about our mission, visit https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are.
Health Sector Response to protection & Increasing Access to RMNCAH Services project funded by UNFPA for 2023 will provide psychosocial support services to the beneficiaries through Psychosocial Counselling Centers (PSCCs), community-based PSS/health education center and Mobile Outreach Teams (MOTs) which are One Stop Assistance Centers in the targeted provinces each (Kabul, Balkh, Jawzjan, Samangan, Kunduz, Faryab, Baghlan, Bamyan, and Daikundi).
The objectives of the project are to facilitate access for all women and adolescent girls to knowledge, skills and a range of relevant services, support women’s and adolescent girls’ psychosocial well-being and creation of social networks, serve as a places where women and adolescent girls can organize and access information about the health and PSS services serve as a key entry point for their needs and to provide a space where women and adolescent girls can access basic skills training as a way of building a foundation for their livelihood assets.
Job Purpose:The Logistic Assistant will be responsible for carrying out the following logistical & procurement activities, including but not limited to:
Plans direct and coordinates assigned procurement/logistics process. Manage and implement assigned procurement, logistics, and supply chain management daily activities at the field level, including proper asset/inventory, fleet, transport, and management, and reporting to the country logistics officer based in Kabul.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- purchase goods or services in the best interest of beneficiaries, donors, and International Medical Corps; this includes obtaining quality goods and services in needed quantities to be delivered at the required time and place as per specifications set forth by the requestor.
- Obtain the best value for money and favorable terms in the interests of International Medical Corps, donors, and beneficiaries.
- Properly and adequately document each procurement, and maintain records segregated per project.
- Communicate with other departments through the procurement action until goods are delivered, or services are complete by maintaining an accurate and complete, appropriate Procurement Tracking System. Provide needed responses to questions regarding the procurement action.
- Make sure the smooth running of the office and project-related sites by procuring furniture, office supplies, equipment, and any other goods/supplies required by the program in a timely manner, with adequate quality and overall cost-effectiveness.
- Make sure all procurement processes are documented and filed according to IMC procurement policies and procedures.
- Implements, controls, and maintains an effective and comprehensive procurement record and tracking sheet.
- Make sure IMC donor’s rules, and regulations are properly followed while procuring goods and services.
- To establish an effective channel between the suppliers, program, and finance
- Ensure IMC procurement policies and procedures are followed for all procurement purposes.
- To share all bulk and important procurements with the country procurement team.
- Assist asset/ inventory senior officer in overall asset/ inventory management.
- Assist the site assets, inventory records and, reporting system.
- Assist with the site store and warehouse activities.
- Preparing the relevant monthly and periodic reports.
- Other Requirements:
- To maintain proper records and filing system
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and work with limited resources.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Experience in effectively dealing with other IMC offices staff.
- Provide weekly, accurate monthly activities report to the site’s immediate supervisor and country operations department.
- All other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
University graduate with a business administration/ economics degree or related fields.
At least two years of experience in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management in the development sector. Candidate with recent work experience with INGOs in procurement, logistics, and supply chain management experience.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran.