- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 435
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 22, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in relevant fields
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
Job Summary / Purpose:
The Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall coordination and management of all supplies at the Project level and security at the Office/staff level.
S/He will report in to the Logistics Head to ensure the timely procurement and deployment of all OHW project and office related logistics requirements in line with the organization’s policies and protocols. Given the uncertain security situation in Afghanistan, this position also includes tracking and reporting on security related concerns and developments to ensure staff security and program-related activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall control and management of logistics, procurement, inventory, warehouse, transport and other related activities.
- Ensure that all requisitions are well received, recorded and procurement process started on a timely manner.
- Collect and collate quotations for the program-related expendable and non-expendables and conduct market research to ensure ‘best quality at least price’ and report these as per donor-specified formats or in OHW standard templates.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective records of both fixed and current assets in the stores belonging to OHW, and donor agencies.
- Report on material and personnel movements and update on operational logistics or security-related problems, if any, in a timely manner.
- Provide monthly Logistics Report to the ‘Senior Management Team’ and report on challenges or procurement delays, if any.
- Ensure that the right goods are not only procured/ supplied, but are delivered to the requester at the right time and right location.
- Ensure that received requisitions are with complete information and in accordance with procurement policy
- Ensure that procurement decisions are in OHW’s best interest with regard but not limited to Value for money, Use of reliable and ethical suppliers, Promotion the use of appropriate technology, Support local initiative and production where appropriate and possible.
- Ensure that warehouse and stock records have been completed.
- Check the transport section on weekly bases and provide advice, support and training
- Attend budget and project meetings along with finance and program and take part on the preparing procurement plan and other related activities
- Update the procurement plan along with budget holders to comply with the pipeline.
- Any other related activities
- Report to our HQs on logistical/procurement aspects
- Ensure that all staffs are aware of logistics/procurement policy and procedure
- Be in touch with HQ and get update on the new changes on the policy and procedures
- Make sure that the policy and procedure is completely followed
- Provide job description and training to the related staffs.
- Plan and provide adequate and continued training and evaluation for all related sections staff
- Visit site offices and provide on the job trainings on OHW standard and centralized formats, logistics issues, filing and reporting in compact manner
- Plan and facilitate training for site related staffs about the procurement, transport, ware housing, maintenances and proper logistics management system
- Take part in the meetings and provide required feedback
- Any other activities that proposed by manager.
Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in relevant field (Logistic).
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Understanding and using Microsoft office and Excel.
Language English, Pashto, Dari is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 22-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (Logistic Officer /435) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.