- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 4 years’ experience in relevant field of animal husbandry (Livestock & poultry)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration July 30, 2023
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CARE-AF-0358
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree in Animal Science/Veterinary Science
- close Date November 27, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions:
- Implement sustainable methodologies and techniques for assisting beneficiaries with planning and execution of livestock and poultry and other related activities directed at improving livelihood of marginalized population.
- Assist and capacitate beneficiaries and BVWs( Basic Veterinary Workers) on best practices regarding the livestock and poultry farming to improve the quality and quantity of their production.
- Provide guidance on how to correct issues that may limit productivity of livestock and Poultry.
- Train project beneficiaries and workers on best dairy and layer farming of livestock and poultry management practices.
- Check and regularly monitor farm hygiene and sanitation and maintain high level of bio security .
- Conduct post mortem and prescribe the required medicine/ vaccine.
- Advice best management practices for poultry and cow faming.
- Prepare seasonal calendar of bio security and safety, livestock and poultry management of related activities at province level,
- Solve local technical livestock and poultry issues where possible and report on-going problems including outbreaks of diseases and poultry mortality.
- Initiate and supervise capacity building and awareness raising of the related project activities to the project participants including beneficiaries, community entities, and other project stakeholders.
- Contribute to project activities through sharing experiences and his/her findings,
- Undertake any other task assigned by the supervisors.
- Key relations:
- Internal: Field Supervisor, Agriculture Development Advisor (Livestock and Poultry), Project technical staff, Monitoring and Reporting Officer, and other CARE projects related staff.
- External: local authorities, beneficiaries and community members.
- Key Results Expected:
- Provide guidance and practical tools for establishment of livestock and poultry initiatives.
- Training of beneficiaries for growth of livestock and poultry to enhance income of beneficiaries and facilitate linkage to dairy and feed shops, BVWs and VFUs (Veterinary Field Unit) .
- Selection of best and profitable milking cows and pullets to increase the productions and income.
- Practically train beneficiaries on how to raise and manage small scale poultry and livestock farming. Assist and facilitate small businesses of BVWs, dairy and feed shops with project beneficiaries.
- closely supervise and follow up livestock , poultry, dairy & feed shops and BVWs activities.
- Distribution of livestock and poultry inputs to beneficiaries and follow up with beneficiary on proper utilisation of distributed inputs
- Regularly collect data regarding livestock and poultry production, and facilitate beneficiaries with BVWs ,VFUs and traders with regards to animal [housing , feeding, breeding/hatching , health care (prevention)] and market linkages .
- Collect the data of production, income in the tracking sheet from beneficiaries. Conduct FFS (Farmer Field School) session best on seasonal calendar to the livestock and poultry Producer Groups (PGs)
- Deliver on time awareness of common and zoonotic diseases to project beneficiaries and communities . Coordinate and maintain contact with other NGOs, Government and Private sector working in the area.
- Contribute to new project concept based on the requirement of the communities.
- Collects data for the project periodic reports
- Provides updates and stories for CARE/LAMP.
Enthusiasm to the job, gender sensitivity, willingness to work in rough field conditions and with local communities. Willingness to travel as per the project requirements, a self-starter and well experience training and good communicator.
Community livelihood, animal husbandry (livestock and poultry), veterinary.
Bachelor Degree in Animal Science/Veterinary Science.
At least 4 years’ experience in relevant field of animal husbandry (Livestock & poultry).
Excellent communication in both Dari and Pashto languages, reading and writing ability in English
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) along with updated CV to email@example.com.
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Livestock and Poultry Officer CARE-AF-0358 Balkh) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)