- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale Grade B/Step (4-5)
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference COMAC-3443
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education Master's Degree
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GoIRA, especially it’s Ministry of Martyrs and Disabled Affairs (MoMDA), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Livelihoods Services Manager to focus and undertake the following tasks within the framework of the livelihood’s component of the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and provide technical guidance, supervision, and support to all aspects of livelihoods on the program (includes planning, budget management, implementation, and reporting).
- Manage overall operations and performance COMAC’s livelihoods teams with specific focus on compliant processes for effective livelihoods assistance delivery.
- Development and implementation of livelihoods assessment tools and approaches with specific focus on restoring youth livelihoods.
- Develop standards and systems for implementing livelihood approaches working in both rural and urban areas.
- Provide capacity building and training to COMAC’s livelihoods and other relevant staff. for COMAC and MoMDA staff.
- Contribute to COMAC’s regular meetings with stakeholders to improve VA services at national and sub-national levels.
- Identify and establish collaborative relationships with NGOs, private sector and relevant governmental agencies to broaden livelihoods opportunities for COMAC beneficiaries.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Livelihood Specialist and LS manager are both leading the department. We need to revise both JD
The LS Manager will be the supervisor of the LS. So he or she should be responsible for overall management. The Livelihoods Specialist can continue managing the Livelihoods Officer. But the Manager will be ultimately leading the unit.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Finance, or relevant field with at least 5 years of experience working with USG or other donor-funded development projects focused on livelihoods; OR, Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, or relevant field with at least 7 years of experience working with USG or other donor-funded development projects focused on livelihoods.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations
- Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto required: read, write, and fluent conversation
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent self-starter, capable of following guidance and transforming it into actions
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with national and international staff, in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Attention to detail
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop policy and procedure guidelines
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately & provide departmental guidance to staff
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines
This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel up to 50%.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply