- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience At least 3 years of work experiences in livelihood
- Number of Vacancies 3
- Contract Duration 10 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Ex_47_2021
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date January 20, 2022
- Education Diploma in veterinarian, Agriculture, livelihood development studies,community development
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
The Livelihood Officer will be responsible for overall CARE, STAR Project livelihood activities, and provides social and technical expertise regarding community livelihood interventions in the project target areas. The incumbent will work to ensure the needs and priorities of the targeted beneficiaries are considered and addressed within the project. He/ She will report to the Field Supervisor and work closely with Livelihood Advisor and other project staff in the professional and efficient implementation of field activities, with main focus on livelihoods. The Livelihoods Officer is expected to maintain close cooperation with the targeted local communities, project stakeholders and to be able to mobilize these to take active part in planning and implementation of activities. He/ She will be requested to work with other project consortium members in their target areas, when required.
- Internal relation: Livelihood Advisor, Field Supervisor, Community Mobilizer Project Manager, Provincial Manager, Sr. Program Coordinator and M&R Officer.
- External relation: Project beneficiaries, Government sectorial departments, STAR project consortium members as per request.
- Duty Locations: Paktia and Ghazni sub offices and Nawor and Jaghuri Site offices
Key Results Expected: Livelihood officer is expected to work directly with project target beneficiaries to improve their income, products and profitability by appropriate project livelihood options. He/ she ensure that all livelihood related activities have been implemented on the ground efficiently and in accordance to project budget, work plan and livelihood standards. Overall results expected include but not limited to:
- Promote alternative income-generating activities and value-addition activities to diversify livelihood options.
- To maintain close cooperation with the targeted local communities and to be able to mobilize these to take active part in delivering livelihoods and empowerment services of project activities.
- To assist the beneficiary and do identify the type of assistance he/she may require.
- Project field monitoring on regular basis with provision of technical advice to beneficiaries.
- Solving project livelihood technical issues when raised and reported to supervisor.
- Exchange experience and lessons learnt among the beneficiaries.
- Identification of marketable vocations and businesses based on labor/market survey and selection of vocational training approaches such apprenticeship or etc.
- Working with community to establish The Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) and Self-Helping Group at community level for target beneficiaries.
- To contribute in data collection by using needs assessment, identification of beneficiaries and data collection either via paper forms or through digital equipment;
- Ensures liaison with targeted communities, maintaining links with CDCs and elders, engaging consistently with beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Support/ facilitate the process for CARE operation staff provision, distribution and monitoring of livelihoods goods, services and etc. in the project areas and for beneficiaries.
- Conduct livelihood trainings including business administration, agriculture or livestock (Poultry, Livestock husbandry, kitchen gardening etc….) training and awareness sessions for targeted beneficiaries.
- Provide reporting inputs for project activities results, success stories and other quantitative and qualitative outcomes, required by M&R officer.
- Work closely with other project team to seek synergies and ensure holistic project implementation and act as back-up of other officer in his/her absence.
- Able to manage, monitor and advise targeted beneficiaries on livestock project activities (poultry, animal husbandry) agricultural project (kitchen gardening and seed distribution).
- Understanding of the basic principle of humanitarian work, human rights, protection and the needs of most vulnerable groups.
- Preparation of animal husbandry and veterinary training materials and extension materials.
- On the job training on Poultry, livestock husbandry and veterinary services.
- Be familiar with Vaccination, Treatment & De- worming of animals.
- Making of filing system for project relevant activities.
- Perform of any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Core Competence: Excellent analytical skills for suitable livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable groups in the targeted communities. Provide technical training of business development, agriculture and livestock. Effective communication, inter-personal and reporting skill. Good planning and delivering the best results. Team working, trust building and empowering skills. Ability to present ideas effectively. Able to facilitate change and demonstrate innovation. Good problem analysis. Negotiation; gender sensitivity and cultural sensitivity. Community resilience is strengthened; Skill in facilitating meetings effectively and efficiently; self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
Skills: Experience required in implementation of Livelihoods intervention (agricultural, livestock, business development, vocational training, women economic empowerment, entrepreneurship in international or local organizations. Demonstrated experience to provide technical support on Demonstrate a strong understanding of livelihood programs in Afghanistan context
Demonstrated livelihood trainings including business administration, agriculture or livestock (Poultry, livestock husbandry…etc) training skills.
Education: At least Dipluma in veterinarian, Agriculture, livelihood development studies, community development and other related fields).
Work Experience: At least 3 years of work experiences in livelihood program/project with a sustained interest in agricultural, livestock, socio-economy empowerment, and community development
Languages Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pushto languages
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line (Livelihood Officer Ex_47_2021 Ghazni) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Female candidates and People with Physical Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for an Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse), and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)