- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience At least 3 years of work experiences in livelihood program/project with a sustained interest in agricultural, livestock, socio-economy empowerment, and community development
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 3-years
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Loc-49-2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 18, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in veterinarian, Agriculture, livelihood development studies, community development and other related fields). Master's degree in related fields is preferred
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
- Internal relation: Livelihood specialist, project field supervisor, project officer, project manager, program coordinator, project technical advisors, Program Quality Unit, Adman, DM&E, Logistic, Procurement, Transport, and finance.
- External relation, R3 project consortium members, project beneficiaries’, Government sectorial department.
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
- officer is expected to work directly with project target groups (the most vulnerable people i.e. IDPs, returnees, deportees, host communities) to improve their income, products and profitability by appropriate project livelihood options. He/ she ensure that all livelihood related activities have been implemented on the ground efficiently and in accordance to project budget, work plan and livelihood standards. Overall results expected include but not limited to:
- Promote alternative income-generating activities and value-addition activities to diversify livelihood options.
- To maintain close cooperation with the targeted local communities and to be able to mobilize these to take active part in delivering livelihoods and empowerment services of project activities.
- To assist the beneficiary and do identify the type of assistance he/she may require.
- Project field monitoring on regular basis with provision of technical advice to beneficiaries.
- Solving project livelihood technical conflicts when raised and reported to supervisor.
- Exchange experience and lessons learnt among the field staffs
- Identification of marketable vocations based on labor/market survey and selection of vocational training approaches such apprenticeship or etc.
- Working with community to establish The Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) or Self-Helping Group at community level for target beneficiaries.
- To contribute in data collection by using needs assessment, identification of beneficiaries and data collection either via paper forms or through digital equipment;
- Ensures liaison with targeted communities, maintaining links with CDCs and elders, engaging consistently with beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Support/ facilitate the process for CARE operation staff provision, distribution and monitoring of livelihoods goods, services and etc. in the project areas and for beneficiaries.
- Conduct livelihood trainings including business administration, agriculture or livestock (Poultry, Dairy Goat husbandry, Bee keeping etc….) training and awareness sessions for targeted beneficiaries.
- Provide reporting inputs for project activities results, success stories and other quantitative and qualitative outcomes, required by M&R officer.
- Work closely with other Livelihood officers to seek synergies and ensure holistic project implementation and act as back-up of other officer in his/her absence.
- Able to manage, monitor and advise targeted beneficiaries on livestock project activities (poultry, animal husbandry and goat/sheep) agricultural project (kitchen gardening, mushroom, greenhouse, low tunnel and seed distribution).
- Understanding of the basic principle of humanitarian work, human rights, protection and the needs of IPDs and returnees.
- Preparation of animal husbandry and veterinary training materials and extension materials.
- On the job training on Poultry, Dairy Goat husbandry, Bee keeping and other livestock programs and veterinary services.
- Technical advice about the Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services to management team and team members.
- Be familiar with Vaccination, Treatment & De- worming of animals.
- Making of filing system for project relevant activities.
- Perform of any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Core Competence: Excellent analytical skills for suitable livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable IDPs, returnees, and host communities in the target areas. Provide technical training of business development, agriculture and livestock. Effective communication, inter-personal and reporting skill. Good planning and delivering the best results. Team working, trust building and empowering skills. Ability to present ideas effectively. Able to facilitate change and demonstrate innovation. Good problem analysis. Negotiation; gender sensitivity and cultural sensitivity. Community resilience is strengthened; Skill in facilitating meetings effectively and efficiently; self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
Skills and Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience required in implementation of Livelihoods intervention (agricultural, livestock, business development, women economic empowerment, entrepreneurship.in international or local organizations.
Demonstrated experience to provide technical support on Demonstrate a strong understanding of livelihood programs in Afghanistan context
Demonstrated livelihood trainings including business administration, agriculture or livestock (Poultry, Dairy Goat husbandry, Bee keeping) training skills.
Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations (desirable).
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in veterinarian, Agriculture, livelihood development studies, community development and other related fields). Master’s degree in related fields is preferred
At least 3 years of work experiences in livelihood program/project with a sustained interest in agricultural, livestock, socio-economy empowerment, and community development
Languages Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pushto languages
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without CARE Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Livelihood Officer Loc-49-2021 Kandahar) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Only residence of Kandahar (District 3&10)can apply for this position.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)