- Salary Offer 18,000-23,500 AFN
- Years of Experience 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed-term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference IRW-214-2022
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Diploma or 14th Grade Graduate from Agriculture, Economic, social science, veterinary science or any other relevant field. Bachelor Degree in above-mentioned fields will be preferred.
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Islamic Releif world wide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
The Overall purpose of this position is to support target households to develop their own income generation activities, value chain of HHs’ products, market linkage and supervision of vocational trainings at field level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project team to conduct livelihood assessment of target households (HH)s and identify sustainable income generation options.
- Support target HHs to develop their business plans for income generation activities.
- Assist project staffs in forming of Self-Help-Groups (SHG) by participation of target HHs’ guardians.
- Conduct regular training\workshops on resource mapping and other livelihoods relevant training to SHGs’ members based on project’s implementation plan.
- Assist in establishment of saving box for each SHG and training of group members on management of saving box.
- Supervision of provision of productive assets and inputs to the target HHs at the field level.
- Conduct regularly visits and provision of required instructions to target HHs on utilization of productive assets and inputs.
- Facilitate market linkage and value chain activities of target households.
- Conduct market assessment to identify marketable professions in coordination with DoLSA.
- Assist selection of eligible trainees for vocational training classes.
- Assist establishment of vocational training classes at community level.
- Regular supervision of vocational training progress according to implementation plan.
- Assist in community awareness, identification of sustainable livelihood opportunities and initiation of income generation activities for target households.
- Monitoring of day-to-day livelihood activities of the project and preparation of progress report.
- Any other project relevant activities required by project management team.
- Diploma or 14th Grade Graduate from Agriculture, Economic, social science, veterinary science or any other relevant field.
- Bachelor Degree in above-mentioned fields will be preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
Interested and qualified national female candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 10 August 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position the interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.