- Salary Offer NTA Grade (C)
- Experience 3-5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HR-HEL-003
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 20, 2022
- Education Bachelor Degree
Human Rights Research and Advocacy Consortium (HRRAC) is a leading Afghan non-governmental organization. HRRAC has more than a decade of experience in advocating for the rights of the excluded and vulnerable population, and community groups. Essential to HRRAC’s intervention, is the mission to advance the fundamental rights and humanitarian assistances to all people of Afghanistan, particularly, the most excluded groups. HRRAC’s programs are meant to improve livelihood through rural recovery projects, doing researches, evidence-based advocacy, capacity building, and humanitarian intervention in emergencies. HRRAC strives to improve equality, fairness, social justice, and open up economic opportunities to the most deprived communities. HRRAC strongly advocates for the rights of the community’s share in mine revenue, access to justice for all, and meaningful inclusion of women and girls in community development projects.
- Ensure adherence with HRRAC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Provide legal information, counselling and assistance to vulnerable people in accordance with the applicable laws and procedures, including timely and appropriate follow-up.
- Be constantly updated on legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan and ensure that project employees are informed of such development;
- Identify and select beneficiaries, collecting relevant documents (copies of claim files, customary or title deeds, client request from HRRAC, HRRAC contract with client, VRF or village leader certification or any other relevant documents)
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments and/or represent clients before Justice and Judicial offices;
- Follow up of legal cases on a bi-weekly basis, writing case history, daily actions, and legal problem forms. It includes case closing sheets when closed.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database within the month. Registered new cases with relevant documents and data (case history, actions …) should be recorded in database. Solved, referred, closed unsolved cases should be report to database accordingly and accurately.
- Arrange and conduct community sensitization on HLP, LCD and essential documents.
- Development of innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of beneficiaries and program priorities;
- Conduct legal training and public awareness workshops;
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments and advocate for solution.
- Ensure all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed in culturally appropriate way, especially with respect to gender sensitivities.
- Prepare weekly plan, weekly report, monthly report, tentative mission plan or any other report if required;
University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, or related background. 3-5 years’ Work experience in the field of law. Preferably experience in working with clients.
Work experience from national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset)
Excellent English language skills, fluency in Pashto and Dari languages.
Familiarity with HRRAC’s work in the region is an asset.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
HRRAC’s equal environment, which affects its human resources practices, is shaped by and governed by law and regulation of the Afghanistan offering equal opportunity to everyone.
Interested Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and detailed CV, through e-mail address (Vacancies@hrrac.af), indicating on the subject line the title of the position and vacancy number (Legal Awareness Specialist-HR-HEL-003).
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview