- Salary Offer As per Bakhtar University salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 Years for master degree holder & 1 year for Ph.D.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Permanent
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference BU-555
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education Masters/PhD in Economics, Finance, Managment
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Bakhtar University:
Bakhtar University (BU) is one of Afghanistan’s oldest and most prestigious privately held institutions. It was established in 2005 from a small beginning at Kabul Polytechnic University, through its current location at Kart-e-Char. Bakhtar University is now recognized as being an integral part of Kabul. The university has made a significant impact in the field of higher education by reaching out to a large section of the population with a range of diverse and relevant programs that are of high quality and affordable. Internationally recognized qualifications enable Bakhtar graduates to pursue rewarding careers in Afghanistan’s burgeoning employment market, Because of high-quality teaching program, BU students are currently placed in prominent positions in both the public and private sectors across the country and the region
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare handouts and teaching materials for students using PowerPoint slides and other multimedia sources.
- Preparing lectures and presenting to students utilizing innovative Technology.
- Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes in teaching methodology.
- Designing, preparing, and developing teaching materials;
- Assessing students’ coursework;
- Setting and marking examinations papers;
- Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to the institution’s research.
- Supervising students’ research activities;
- Completing continuous professional development (CPD) and participating in staff training activities;
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to the department, such as student admissions, induction programs and involvement in committees and boards.
- Representing the institution at professional conferences and seminars, and contributing to these as necessary.
- Contributing to the development, planning, and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
- Drafting and giving periodic tests and final tests and working out a system where all those marks contribute to the final grading.
- Devising, writing, and producing new materials including audio and visual resources.
Working with the rest of the team to decide about the audio-visual material to be taught.
- Make sure the attendance is taken every day and poor attendance is reported to the management.
- Submit monthly student progress reports to the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Faculty.
The applicants must have the following qualifications
- Master’s degree holder with at least 2 years of professional experience in a reputed educational institution, Ph.D. holder with at least 1 year of professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent language proficiency in Dari, Pashto, and English
- Punctual and time management skills.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Local transportation for official purposes
- 24 hours access to the internet.
And other fringe benefits
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs with the title of the position applying for.
Send your CVs via E-mail to
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be short-listed and will be called for a demonstration.
Address: Kart-e-Char Opposite to Ministry of Higher Education