- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference BCS-KU-FEB-24
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master's Degree
- close Date February 28, 2024
About Kardan University
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately owned university in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international-standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the fields of business, law, IT, and civil engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University was awarded the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan, a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted university status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only university not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well-reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment to excellence and quality and is committed to serving as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
Are you a passionate, energetic, and results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated lecturers and assistant professors to join our team of academicians and researchers.
Reporting to the Academic Administrator of the Department, the assistant professor or lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He will also be responsible for reviewing and revising the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to the academic and professional development of our employees. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes
- Build up professional logistics, which helps in improvising the performances of the students.
- Develop course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program-level learning assessment
- Participate in developing learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in the textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Guide, direct, and mentor research scholars in their research projects.
- Assess, supervise, and mentor the academic progress of students.
- Create, innovate, and implement some activities and programs that help in career enhancement.
- Take part in all activities of the department, faculty, and university.
- Support and serve up for various functional activities conducted by departmental committees.
- Review, assess, and evaluate the activities and progress of students.
- Lend a hand, support, and aid the academic administrator and dean in their everyday functions and tasks.
- Publish their research works or findings in academic books or journals.
- Grade papers and tests; prepare exercises, lessons, and lab experiments for the students.
- Teach graduate as well as undergraduate students within their field of expertise.
- Submit the sessional and final results of the students within a week after the midterm/ terminal examination.
- Take 8 classes of 180 minutes each per week or a total of 24 contact hours per week.
- Assist the examination department and make a presence in the examination hall during examinations and in the conduct of entry tests.
- Perform any other relevant task given by the management of Kardan University.
- At least a Master’s in Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional university-level teaching experience.
- Strong organizational, management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to teach in the English language and command of any national language.
- At least 80% of Master’s degree marks.
- The degree must be attested by the Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (in one document) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test or demo.