- Salary Offer According to GIZ's Salary Scale | Salary Band 4
- Experience Up to 70 Working Days (with possibility of extension)
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference TVET AA2/2021-004
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 28, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration or similar fields
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 130 countries worldwide. We have more than 17,000 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multi-facetted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
The curriculum development unit of GIZ-TVET is developing numerous amounts of curricula and learning materials for different target groups in 2021. The Ostad-Shagerdi (OS) and Skill Level 3 programs are the two target groups to develop learning material for.
Currently, OS program is implementing seven profiles in 25 provinces of Afghanistan. The nationwide program is supposed to cover the entire country in the upcoming years. Retail profile is one of the seven OS profiles, which has started enrollment with grade 10 in 2020. Thus far, we have already developed its curriculum for Grade 10-12 and learning material only for grade 10-11. To prepare for grade 12, its learning material need to be developed.
On the other hand, the skill-level 3 program of tertiary TVET is initiated to support the technical education for the master-craftsmen who are graduates of 12th grades of TVET schools such as Ostad-Shagerdi (OS) or general schools with special experiences in the field. For now we have planned to start with Automotive Engineering and Electrical Engineering profiles. This program has three technical subjects (Technology, Applied Math and Technical Drawing) and few ocupational subjects such as Business Administration, accounting, pedagogy and etc. Thus far, the curriculum for techical subjects of Automotive Engineering and Electrical Engineering profiles are developed and learning material for ocupational subjects required to be developed.
Therefore, to develop the learning material for grade 12 of OS retail profile and learning material for accounting and Business Administration of Skill Level 3 program, a team of subject experts is required to work together and produce the aforementioned learning materials.
The contractor will do the following work packages:
Work Package 1: Develop learning material for grade 12 of OS Retail profile
- Develop learning material for grade 12 of retail profile for OS program.
- Justify and validate the developed learning material of retail for grade 12 in validation workshop.
Work Package 2: Develop learning material for Accounting subject of Skill Level 3 program.
- Develop learning material for Accounting subject of Skill Level 3 program.
- Justify and validate the developed learning material for Accounting subject of Skill Level 3 program in validation workshop.
Work Package 3: Develop learning material for Business Administration subject of Skill Level 3 program.
- Develop learning material for Business Administration subject of Skill Level 3 program.
- Justify and validate the developed learning material for Business Administration subject of Skill Level 3 program in validation workshop.
Qualifications and skills
S/he must have:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration or similar fields.
- At least 3 years of teaching and/or related work experience in the field of finance, accounting, business administration or similar fields.
- Developed curriculum and/or learning material such as student books, manuals, etc.
Have computer skills such as working with internet and MS. Office interfaces and particularly MS. Word.
You are kindly requested to:
- Send your CV which must be written in English and consist of the following information:
- Personal details:
- Full Name
- Phone Number and email address
- Date of Birth
- Education background:
- Title of degree or certificates
- Name of institution studied
- Place of institutions studied
- Duration of study
- Work history:
- Position title
- Starting and ending dates
- Language skills
- Computer skills
- Personal details:
- Please send your application to:
- Email: email@example.com
The subject of your email must be: Learning Material Development Expert
- Please note that the test and/or interviews will be conducted physically in Kabul and only those candidates will be called for interview who are meeting the following requirements:
- Submitted their CV and written in English, following the described structure
- Submitted their work samples (developed curricula and/or learning material) which include his/her name in it (if any)
Fulfilled the above-mentioned qualification requirements.