- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 1 - 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference FMIC/HR/334
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 29, 2021
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Laboratory Technologist performs tests in all sections of clinical laboratory independently or under supervision of a Pathologist on regular basis according to the departmental policy and procedures to ensure timely preparation of the final reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform lab tests in all sections of clinical laboratory independently according to the departmental policy and procedures on a daily basis to ensure timely preparation of the final reports.
- Assist in teaching/training of junior staff and trainees according to guidelines provided by the pathologist as and when required.
- Follow safety standards in accordance to the safety manual on a daily basis to provide a safe working environment.
- Manage inventory effectively and efficiently to ensure availability of sufficient supplies and consumables. Confirm through visual inspection that the supplies requested by the technician are required and maintain monitoring to avoid misuse or resources.
- Ensure through visual inspection that the junior staffs carry out their activities and perform tests as per laboratory quality policy and procedures on a daily basis.
- Confirm by discussing unusual finding with the pathologist as and when required to avoid misleading or erroneous results.
- Assist in introducing new laboratory tests or procedures and update the laboratory manual as and when required.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are carried out in all sections of clinical laboratory.
- Monitor quality indicators on regular basis in all sections of clinical laboratory.
- Perform any other related duty to enhance the quality of laboratory services assigned by the lab manager or pathologist.
- B.Sc (M.Sc. preferred) in any biological science from a recognized university.
Note: Candidates holding D. Pharm degree or MD students who have completed first two years of their studies and declared successful in basic medical subjects (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Microbiology) from a recognized institute by Ministry of Higher Education, are also eligible.
· Good knowledge of latest developments in the laboratory technology fields.
· Problem identification and solving skills using scientific methods.
· Good administrative skills and team player.
· Effective communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto languages.
· Good knowledge of computer Skills (MS Office Programs).
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by June 29, 2021.