- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Bamian PHT
- Years of Experience Proven experience in biochemistry, microbiology, parasitological, clinical chemistry, blood bank techniques, and be able to calibrate and quality control biochemistry. Vast experience in supervision clinical audit and evidence-based practices, staff men
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Lab Supervisor BMN-NR0007
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Medical Laboratory Technologist B.Sc/ M.Sc degree in Medical Graduate from a reputable university in Medical Laboratory Technologist with elective in Microbiology from a recognized institu
- close Date March 29, 2023
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private, not‐for‐profit health care systems in the developing world with community health programs in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as in East Africa.
The Aga Khan Health Services, Afghanistan (AKHS, A) was established in 2003 as part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). AKHS, A provides health care services mainly on behalf of the government including the Ministry of Public Health’s of Afghanistan’s Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). AKHS, A is unique both in scale and scope, delivering critical health services along the continuum of care, from Community Health Workers (CHWs) to ISO certified hospital facilities.
Since 2003 AKHS, A is implementing Healthcare services in Bamyan, Baghlan and Badakhshan provinces. The agency’s scope of work includes the provision of primary and secondary Healthcare, Preventive and curative medical care, Nursing and Midwifery education, Human Resources Development and Hospital Management. The current working modality and role of AKHS, A in Bamyan and Badakhshan provinces as BPHS and EPHS implementer. AKHS, A provides technical support as well as capacity building of health personnel, immunization services, nutrition trainings and the training of Community Health Nurses and Community Health Midwifery.
AKHS, A tapped into internal and other donor fundings to continue supplementary and complementary supports to the national health system. Moreover, AKHS, A scale up AKDN innovations, including, expansions of e-Health services, e-learning initiatives, and cross border arrangements. To promote healthy environment, AKHS, A is implementing net zero and greenhouse gas emission.
- Design and conduct training courses for the laboratory technicians of the AKHS-A and partner NGOs working in the program areas.
- Provide refresher training for the laboratory technicians and supervise the quality of work.
- Prepare specifications. And participate in the procurement of laboratory equipments and reagents.
- Monitor and supervise the quality of laboratory services in Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakshan health facilities in close collaborator with the Regional Health Program Managers.
- Review the training needs for new recruits.
- Develop protocol and procedure manual; for BHCs, CHCs and Hospitals.
- Provide a monthly work plan and feedback report to the Regional Health Program Managers and Hospital Advisor.
- And other duty assigned by CEO/Program Director and Hospital Manager.
Eduacation: Medical Labratory Technologist. B.Sc/M.Sc degree in medical graduated from a reputable university in Medical Labratory Technologist with elective in Microbiology from a recognized institution.
Work experiance: Proven experinace in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Parasitological, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank Techniques and be able to calibrate and quality control biochemistry.
Vast experiance in supervision clinical audit and evidence based practies staff monitoring and institutional developement particulary labratory design.
Skill: good computer skill in word, excel and MS office.
Language: Excellent spoken and written english skill.
Genral: Able to work independently and can take initiative.
Desirable: Knowledge of essential paackage of hospital service and basic package of service policies, Knowledge of access , EPI-info archive and knowledge of working dari.
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Lab Supervisor BMN-NR0007) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note: Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social statuses.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app.