- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience • 3 years of professional work experience in the field of ICT specially network and support with a national or international organization.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 96-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Computer Science from a credible college or university (BIT / BCS is preferable)
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The IT & photocopy Assistant maintains proper photocopying services for all the units of the RMO and keep all the machines in proper functioning and running condition. S/he makes sure that enough needed stationery for all the office staff is available at the stock and distribute according to demands of each colleague with keeping proper records of incoming and outgoing items.
The IT & photocopy Assistant reports to the IT Officer of the RMO.
- Support RMO’s IT staff for providing Materials, methods, Troubleshooting & follow up of equipment’s sent for Repairing.
- Daily troubleshooting, maintenance & providing internet facilities, laptop facility to internal MRMO staff completed.
- To keep the photocopy machines functional and operate them according to the needs and requirements with intervals (for heavy works)
- To keep records of all the copies made for each unit on daily basis and prepare a database on monthly basis
- To take care of the copy machines maintenance. Ordinary service and cleaning of the photocopying machine and if allowed by KMO Photocopy Technician can fix small hardware problem of the copying machine
- To have records of the specification of all the photocopy machines of the related office
- To keep record of all the maintenance, services, and spares parts changes of the copy machines at the related office
- To always maintain the needed stationery for all the office colleagues at the stock, distribute according to the demand of the staff and keep proper records of the number of outgoing and incoming items
- To report to the Admin Manager and demand any repair or spare parts required for the copy machines and for the needed stationery for the office colleagues
- Apply the photocopying machines operation rules and regulations mentioned at the Admin Manual of the SCA in his/her work
- To perform duty of receiving guest to the office and then notify concerned staff
- Implement and follow-up the SCA’s IT policies and guidelines
- Provide first level helpdesk end-user ICT support
- Installation and upgradation of new operating Systems.
- Troubleshooting of MRMO IT setup and systems including but not limited to computer network/s & relevant equipment’s & peripherals, servers, personal computers, printers, multimedia projectors, email accounts & services, internet equipment’s & connection/s, websites, and services.
- Assisting and supporting Project/Field liaison office/assistants remotely on day-to-day bases and per the instruction of ICT Officer.
- Install licensed software applications provided by the ICT Unit
- Maintain assigned portions of system
- Replacement of damaged parts for copiers, printers, and Scanners
- Provision of first and second level of support to diagnose, analyze and repair copiers, Scanners, UPS and printers,
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of Virus Protection software for all network servers
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems
- Back-up and restoration procedures for local drives
- Provide operation support for system applications
- Assist in the maintenance of an effective ICT Inventory and Asset Management system
- Prepare and submit regular reports and updates on the current and developing situation of IT setup and services to the ICT Officer as required
- Perform as an active member of the SCA’s IT team member also provide other General IT support to SCA as/if required
- Any other relevant technical duties as assigned by the ICT Officer and Admin Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Computer Science from a credible college or university (BIT / BCS is preferable) or equal vent experience.
- MCSA/MCSE, and/or MCP certified (must have taken the complete course and hold the accredited certificates at the time of application).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and experienced based small and enterprise systems and networks and networking technologies both logical and physical.
- 3 years of professional work experience in the field of ICT specially network and support with a national or international organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiatives, and pursue work proactively without being intensively supervised
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units
- Do related job as delegated by the ICT Officer
- Be an Afghan National.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.